Posts by shan2752

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi Turrican9,

I have become more familiar with the MK3 tool and understand it now. On a 19-inch Viewsonic LCD (5:4), I have my PAL Low/Hi Res display set to 640x512, which is exactly double the original resolution. Why would I want the other resolution you recommend?

One issue I have is that I can’t set Vsync within a VGA mode. Whenever I try, I get a flickering screen. I notice a little stuttering when text scrolls without it. Wish I could fix it somehow. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Turrican,

Do you have profiles for the MK3? I’m working on upgrading my A1200 now and finally installed the MK3 I purchased when it first came out. I had a perfect picture with the MK2 I had installed. I think I may have been using your profiles if you posted them on EAB. I’m struggling with the MK3 at the moment. I have a socketed U7 chip so I can’t use live config. Thanks!

thanks for the info but it does not help as it parcelled up ready to go back as there is nothing more I can do, I would love it to have been sorted without the need to send it back, but at this stage its all that's left for me to do and its lasted about 5 weeks before going down

Welcome to the world of electronics and retro computing! What world are you living in? I grit my teeth and let out a sigh of relief every time I turn either of my Amigas or 486 PCs on and they boot!

I’m just happy that there are still hardware pioneers making products and willing to deal with 1% of bad customers who make it difficult to even be in business.

Thanks! I’m happy to hear that you are even considering Flashfloppy OSD in the next ECS iteration. Having a floppy drive is so instrumental with an Amiga 500, so this would be great to have. With all these adf’s I know it’s only a matter of time before this rotary selector starts to have issues. Using the keyboard is the best long term option.

Thanks Jens,

I appreciate your quick reply! That’s unfortunate as using a gotek with the Amiga 500 is very nostalgic for me. I find myself waiting for disks to load rather than use WHDLoad. Nostalgia is a quirky thing.

Controlling the gotek from the keyboard and OSD would be really awesome. Is there any way Flashfloppy OSD can be made to work with the Indivision?

I apologize for posting the link as I didn’t realize that they sold illegitimate power supplies. Thanks!

Hello,

I purchased a GoEx (Gotek) Drive w/Pill Edition for my Amiga 500 w/ ACA500Plus. I wanted to utilize flashfloppy on screen display (OSD) with keyboard control. Per Flash floppy OSD instructions, I need to solder wires for both the CSync signal and one of the RGB ferrite beads.

I just realized that now that I am using an Indivision ECS V3 scaler, one or both of these signals may not apply to the scaler output. Could you please confirm if this is the case and where I can obtain these signals on the Indivision?

I’ve included the links to the Goex product and Flashfloppy OSD below. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

https://github.com/keirf/flash…sd/wiki/Amiga-Connections

Surprisingly, I didn’t actually load your profile. I thought your configs came up when I copied the info file into the directory. I used some disabled default Pre configs and the results were really good.

I just loaded your profiles and I must admit that you pretty much nailed the look of a 1084, minus the curvature of course. Thanks!

Thanks turrican9, I installed the ECS V3, bent some pins removing the Denise chip, and used your profiles. Much better picture than native and the scan lines really look good as well.

I have a NOS 15- inch VGA monitor on its way that I am going to try. Now I just need a new A500 case to properly mount the VGA connector to the case.

Thanks to IC for making this wonderful product as well!

Hi,

I purchased an Indivision ECS V3 awhile back not realizing that I would have to remove the original Denise chip in my Amiga 500.

I am currently using an Amiga RGB to VGA adaptor for native output to a BenQ BL702A LCD. This monitor is 15khz capable, but I find it impossible to set the pixel clock sufficiently for clear text. Some of the text looks good while other portions are not 100%. But at least I can be sure that the output is 50hz for PAL and 60hz for NTSC.

Will the ECS V3 provide a superior picture in the correct aspect ratio at the correct speed for PAL and NTSC? I know that the documentation states that the sockets on the MB are weak so I don’t want to pull the Denise chip and then have to reinstall it if I am not pleased with the result.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

You should consider using regular RGB to 1084 and use the MK3 for your flicker free high resolution LCD. You can run both displays simultaneously.

Jens, the 110v power supply is probably the most important product you can provide to the US community. As you have shown, there is no proper PS replacement that meets Commodore’s specifications. The majority of us are using improper power supplies while we continue to add accelerators to our Amigas. This is like having an improper foundation for a building. Please help us. Thanks!

How much do you think it should cost to ship a package halfway across the world?

I paid 10x the price of the goods when I purchased Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200 case screws from Amiga Kit to the US.

I’m sure I could have just put in the research and figured out comparable screws, but I want to support the limited amount of Amiga shops still in existence.

Just pay the shipping, support Icomp, and enjoy your hardware while it still works.

Do you live in a self storage container? We see more reflection than anything else.