Posts by shan2752

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

You need to read the wiki a number of times and then reference the example provided to become familiar with the tool.

I’m using this same monitor. I am unable to use vsync, but with double buffering I have a great PAL resolution set at 640x512 at 1280x1024 50Hz with very little screen tearing. I use this resolution for my Workbench as well as the SHires modes generate much more heat, which I prefer not to subject 30 year old hardware with no heat sinks or air cooling fans to.

You can copy the EDID 1280x1024 60 Hz VGA mode and lower the pixel clock to achieve 50 Hz.

I use the Shadow of the Beast game intro where text is scrolling and Flashtro’s cracktro for War Zone (Core) for screen tearing reference.

I have a Dell U2410, which didn’t perform well with the scaler in low resolution PAL and NTSC modes (games). I’m not an expert by any means, but I believe that LCD monitors are primarily meant to display their standard recommended resolution. They are not as versatile as CRT’s with differing resolutions.

I found that a non widescreen LCD monitor with a 1280 x 1024 recommended resolution looks the best in low res PAL as it’s a 5:4 resolution. It also looks good with HighGFX screen modes (SHires).

I have tracked down several of the monitors that people have raved about, which display a native 15khz signal, but I found that the Indivision beats the native mode every time. The Dell U2410 is one of those monitors.

I wish there was a way to exactly match the color display of a 1084 monitor as the LCD colors are slightly off. I have a 1084 connected to the native display along with the scaler display so the difference is more obvious to compare.

I also have an X-Surf-500! I wish there were tutorials on setting up software for the web, ftp, and telnet though.

The only other improvement I could wish for with the ACA 500 Plus is a more current file system with the included WB 3.1 install. Long filenames are a must with WHDLoad. It’s a pain to rename files to extract them on the A500.

I have owned an ACA 500 Plus for the last couple years. It’s a tremendous product. You can even switch NTSC/PAL modes on the fly. Wish I knew about its ability to initiate a DF0: Select without any hardware modifications. I bent an original CIA chip with the hardware modification that’s out there.

I’m thinking of buying another just to have a spare.

Thanks Jens and IC Team!

Why do people create technical support threads in the News and Announcements Forum? Every time I see that there are posts I first ponder, could this be an announcement for the 040 accelerator? Maybe there is an update on the ReAmiga 1200? Or perhaps it could be that the only truly engineered power supply will be made available for 120V power sources?

No, sorry, it’s only a technical support question being made in the wrong forum once again.

Hi Jens,

I presumed that this was the case. The Dell monitor I am using (1920x1080 native) looks great with the Pre 1280x1024 60hz mode for NTSC low/high resolution. But I can’t get the 50hz mode to work.

I’m using HDMI for the monitor from the Indivision. This monitor can display a native 15khz signal with an RGB to VGA cable. But the Indivision looks more crisp than the native display, and the ability to add scan lines is a great feature. Thanks!

First, I recommend reading the documentation wiki like 10 times to get a grasp on using the config tool. Play around with the tool without saving to get familiar with it. You can always reset if things get screwed up, as long as you don’t save to the device.

I would try using a HighGfx screenmode for your workbench display. It looks like your default PAL Indivision mode is disabled (Pre 640x512 PAL). Configure that mode and uncheck the disabled option and save to the device.

If you want a full PAL overscan, configure and enable the (Pre 720x548 PAL) mode and set the display to 720x576.

Sysinfo is using a DBLPal High Res screenmode, which isn’t properly set up with the Indivision. I have the same issue and no matter how I configure the Indivision, I get that exact same screen. So I use a program called ModePro that will allow you to select a working screenmode after the program is launched (there doesn’t appear to be any way to set a screenmode within sysinfo as far as I can see).

Hi houghtonbr,

You can copy WHDLoad archives directly to your PC CF from your PC. You will have to rename the longer file names to 31 characters or less as the OS 3.1 install doesn’t use a file system that supports long file names. Then extract the files on your Amiga. Extracting them via your PC will cause issues so don’t do this.

You can also mount the OS CF card in WinUAE on your PC and extract them there much quicker, but that is more complicated to do. I hope that helps. Thanks!

I have the 40mhz version of the ACA1233n. The IDE speeder option is greyed out in the ACAtool GUI. It’s disabled and can’t be turned on. I have an Amiga Kit IDE to CF adaptor, which likely isn’t buffered so I never bothered with this option.

I was going to get your properly buffered adaptor but I was hung up on purchasing the ACA1234 and using the ACA1233n in my ACA500Plus. But I know you are working on the 1240/60 so I was going to maybe wait for that.

One thing is for sure though, over time my Commodore Amigas are slowly becoming Individual Computer Amigas. So thank you for all that you and your team do as a hobby to keep the Amiga alive!

Hello,

I am using ACAtool v3.4 from CLI. I type the following ‘ACATOOL CPUOFF MM=0’ and then confirm. I used the FORCE switch as well.

I can confirm that the 030 is switched back on by a soft reset. It doesn’t require a power cycle. Thanks!

Hi Jens,

When I try to turn off the ACA1233n CPU without noting a romfile, the system still hangs in the same manner. My machine has 3.1 roms. I figured that I was doing something incorrectly.

I am using the CLI within a Workbench 3.1.4 installation though.

It’s not a huge issue as I only want to disable the CPU for one particular Demo that doesn’t function properly with the accelerator.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have been trying to switch off the ACA1233n CPU so that I can run problematic demos that don’t work correctly with the accelerator. I’ve tried the command line option, but the machine just hangs after the reset. I currently use the romfile option for the 3.1.4 kickstart. I tried adding the romfile option to the command line string, but this doesn’t work either.

I presume that I’m not doing this correctly. How can I disable the CPU and still retain the rom file being loaded which won’t result in with the inability to boot to the CF HD? Thanks!

I recently learned that the Dell SE2722H monitor is 15khz capable and can display 50 Hz for PAL. I purchased one and can confirm that it works great and the picture doesn’t require any pixel clock or phase manipulation like the BenQ monitors that everyone was purchasing several years ago.

The picture isn’t as sharp as with the MK3 though, but it’s nice to have the ability to switch between the VGA authentic signal and the HDMI scaler/flicker fixer signal.

I’m still not able to use vsync or auto resolution for the 1920 x 1080 VGA modes I’m using, but I can’t notice any screen tearing with this setup.

The only issue I see is that the scanlines don’t look quite right. They appear to be too close together and there’s no option to tweak them further. The picture is crystal clear though so great job on engineering this product!

Hello,

Is there any difference in picture or vsync capability between the VGA and HDMI outputs? I’ve tried several newer LCD monitors with VGA inputs and can’t get vsync to function. When I select the vsync setting, the monitors display out of range messages. With the same settings and deselecting vsync I get a great picture, but I notice text scrolling isn’t as smooth.

Is there a game or application that can help verify screen tearing? I’ve been using the text scroll at the start of Shadow of the Beast for reference.

Thanks!