Posts by Beauvais

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Some time ago I have updated my Indivision AGA MK3 to 3.1.10 and I have now noticed that various programs displays in an unreadable format. Games and demos seems to work fine and so does the Workbench and most(?) programs, but e.g. SysInfo and XCopyPro displays wrong.

View these pictures - first is the Workbench, which is fine:

But then the XCopyPro is all wrong::

..and so is SysInfo:

I don't fully understand how to correctly configure this, so I would appreciate any hints.

I don't think that my monitor auto-stretches width and height? Or does it? My monitor is detected when I run the "auto-detect VGA" as "EDID 1920x1080@60", so when I set the resolution to 800x600, then why doesn't it display like that? I don't understand that? :-)

As I already have a C128 with black borders, then I would prefer that, compared to a stretched picture.

For some time I have had an AGA Mk3 and I am really happy with it. One thing though, is that I probably don't fully understand it and how to get the best picture, as it seems my desktop icons are too heigh.

I have a 1920x1080 monitor, and I probably need the text larger than typical. I could of course also just get glasses, but this is another topic ;-) However I am using the "Pre 800x600 Super72 SHiRes" and it gives me thjis:

A little more zoomed on the icons, then they seem stretched on the height:

I have tried a lot of other resolutions, but I cannot get it any better than this, in terms of how the icon looks.

Is this just normal, or would it actually be possible to have the text the same size but the height of the icons smaller?

I am using the newest firmware, "20210108" and the newest application version, 3.1.10

Any help or hints would be appreciated :-)

Some time ago I bought an Indivision AGA Mk3 to my Amiga 1200 but I don't like the appearance, that there is no backplate with it - it is open directly in to the Amiga, which looks ugly and probably gives more dust inside than desired. I have no 3D printer, nor do I know any that has one, but is there anywhere I can buy a backplate for this, with the HDMI as the output port?