Posts by reflex

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

well actually i have 3 GFX card in my amiga 4000...

ZZ9000 (i bought it to replace my good old Picasso IV that broke down suddenly), Voodoo 3 (for best 3d performance under amigaOS 3.9/3.2) and Ati Radeon (that i use with AmigaOS 4.1).

I alway had at least 2 Gfx card in my amiga 4000, at first they were PicassoIV and Voodoo 3.

The strangest thing is that before upgrading the roms there were no problems with Radeon under 3.9!

Ah my amiga 4000 has a 112mb Hack too.

Hello,

i have a towerised Amiga 4000D along with mediator, csppc and a ZZ9000.

Since I upgraded to AmigaOS 3.2 I get a strange behavior with P96 and my Radeon gfx board.

If I leave the driver in Devs:monitors I get black screen at boot up, if I move it to the storage deawer it boots ok.

If I try to activate the driver double clicking on It chip ram goes to zero and the computer freezes.

How come? I have P96 3.3..2 and AmigaOS 3.2z

So far: Yes, this is the first report of problems with BVision.

it's so strange because it works without problems with AmigaOS 4.1, i didn't test CGX.

Anyway there is no change after installing Picasso 96 version 3.3.2, the pointer issue stays with no change.

I made some more tests and noticed that with the same resolution there is a different behavior depending on depth. If i choose 800x600 32bit fonts are broken, if i chose 24bit fonts are fixed, but with 16bit they mess again.

With higher resolution the problem is the same always.

i forgot to download the upgrades of Picasso96 after i registered it, AFAIK i had a couple of more downloads before expiring, is there any way to wodnload the last update released before my license expired? My order is is 103848

if i lower resolution the fonts displays ok but windows dragging makes a mess on the screen and there is still the pointer issue (both in low-red and high-red pointer mode).

It looks like the problem is related to interlaced video modes.

Hello,

i installed from the scratch AmigaOS 3.9 boingbag 1&2 and BPPCfix/BPPCfixfix successfully, then i tried to installa Picasso96 3.12 i purchased some time ago but i get corrupted fonts and pointer on the screen, both on RTG screen and AGA ones.

I attached a snapshot to explain better.

The board works OK, AmigaOS 4.1 displays flawlessly.

What is the problem?

hello,

i just payed using PayPal, but unfortunately i didn't receive the file. Is it supposed to arrive by email?

Memory is only truly fast if it's "near the CPU". On an A3000/A4000, there is a 68030 interface and the Z3 bus "in between" for any 68040/68060 accelerator, so you won't get the same speed from Z3 memory as you can get with local memory. That's the whole secret of a fast accelerator: Not the CPU clock, but the low latency to memory is key to performance, as a CPU can only execute it's commands as fast as it can read them from memory.

Yes i know this and I was not expecting that Z3 memory speed would get any closer to CPU board one, i was just hoping in a faster memory speed compared to what we get with buster-11. Low memory is a problem on big box amigas as Cyberstorm supports just 128mb and with and hack you can just add 64 or 112 mb on the mobo, the only way to increase memory seems to be adding Z3 memory but it's really too slow. Anyway buster-12 is still a very good project.

this is a very good news, but will this new buster chip allow an increase in zorro3 speed too?

I'm thinking about Zorro-3 fast ram that is well known to be very very slow.