Posts by lokz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Update: Since I have extra 4/8 my expansion for A1200, I just tested with that. Both games behave the same, however Aqua gave 8000 0006 error.
    Could be that Kick3.1.4 causes this problem I will have to test that as well.

Since this is not ACA 1221lc problem, you can close this thread, or leave it open and I will post findings once I test with lower ROM version.

Hello,

I am running Acatool version 2.4 with ACA 1221lc

If I run in CLI:
    >acatool cpuoff

I get this response:
    >Card cannot disable/enable CPU.

I wanted to disable Card CPU and leave only FAST ram (certain locations) to test compatibility with some games (MYST, Aqua as I posted in thread before this one).

I need help and also instructions how to properly use MM=MEMMODE/K/N command and options.

Thank you.

Hello,

can anyone test and post back. Aqua do not start, Myst game crashes after some time. Note that both games worked OK with Blizzard 1230/MK4 32mb ram accelerator several years ago on this machine.

Aqua 800 0004 error when you double click icon to start game.
    Myst (PAL High Res Laced): starts OK. 1click forward, 2 click forward, 3rd click forward, 8000 003 Error. Task: 004304E0

Not overclocked, PCMCIA compatibility turned off, Ide speeder deactivated.

Hmm, can someone give me quick explanation how this command exactly works, I do not understand what switches do exactly

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACAtool#Command_line_options

MM=MEMMODE/K/N

0 all fastmem including $C0 memory (default)

1 fastmem but no $C0 memory

2 only $C0 memory and chip memory

3 only chip memory

So if I do
    >acatool mm=0
    or
    >acatool memmode=0

Acatool GUI frontend pops up? No explanation is command is applied, will it remain like that after power cycling etc?

How exactly are /K/N switches used in this case? I se no "legend" on the support page explaining what do they stand for? Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Update: I tried to add C:CardReset to User-Startup (of course, file is in C:) and during cold boot I get:
    C:CardReset failed returncode 10 (usually you get this wit CardReset if no PCMCIA card is connected during the boot). Soft reset, same problem.
    Pulling the PCMCIA card out/in Amiga resets automatically and workbench is loaded normally, PCMCIA works, it connects online.

I suspect this problem has roots in some memory regions which ACA uses, autoconfigures while plugging the card if computer is ON.
    I have to check ACAtool manual how to turn off certain regions and test.

Also, I am not sure if Hardware reset fix will be of any help with this problem, since Aamiga behaves exactly the same even without CardReset call in User-Startup

Thank you for the reply. I will try with the PCMCIA software fix and report back.
    About ISO mount thing, do you have link to some Guide, so I can check it up? From Amiga perspective, any difference than loading real CDROM?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, CDROM (slave IDE device) is powered externally, not from Amiga, so cable is only for signals.

Hello,

I wrote about this on e-mail, but let me repeat over here.

My A1200 has IDE splitter(plain cable one), 3.5 IDE connector on the back of the case(for slave IDE device). If IDE device (CDrom) is connected, PCMCIA works on cold boot, every time, no matter if drive is mounted automatically or not. I open Genesis and it works without issue.

If IDE CDROM is not connected upon cold boot, and I try to connect, Genesis throws me an error:

iface_init: could not open DEVS:Networks/3c589.device unit 0

If I pull card out Amiga goes black screen (resets?) and when I plug card in Genesis connects without any issue.

However, this with CDROM is interesting, why that works?

Is this known problem, and what is the best way to fix it? Obviously ACA1220lc works fine in this case, this is some other issue, I think.

It is worth noting that once I had Blizzard 1230/IV i had no issues with this PCMCIA network card. Also, before I put ACA1221LC in, My Amiga had 4mb/8mb memory expansion, and with that in 4mb mode I had no problem booting while PCMCIA in.
    ROM:3.1.4, Classicwb FULL installed (adapted by HSTWB)

Thanks in advance.