Posts by JohanSSID

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

So then you also have ghosting/shadowing. ECS V1 does not have noticeable ghosting for me. The problem is it's just not isolated to pinball dreams and fantasies. It depends upon background colours as to how visible the ghosting is. It has nothing to do with how fast the game is. It's not that type of ghosting we are talking about here. We are talking about a constant shadow on the right side of objects, depending on the colours as to how badly it shows. I get the same effect if I use a low quality/bad VGA cable on my ECS V1. However, using good VGA cables on the ECS V1 gives it a sharp picture with almost no noticeable ghosting. ECS V2 has quite bad ghosting no matter what cable one uses.

As said by so many people in this thread. The issues shows perefectly in Phil's video. Everything points to ECS V2/TC64 V2 outputting a weak VGA signal. Effectively replicating the same effect you get by using a bad VGA cable on a unit with an acceptable/good VGA output signal.

Please don't claim to not have ghosting/shadowing when you actually have the same problem all others here have with ECS V2/TC64 V2. The more people who report the problem, the more likely we are to get a fix for it.

Have not the TC64 V2 only the TC64 V1 which have no ghosting. Maybe I will buy latter this year the TC64 V2 but my money is keep separate for the ACA1260. If it come out this year.

You see on my pictures that it’s razor sharp and like it more than on my Indivision ECS V1. The only complain is the ACA500Plus menu which is not centre. Which is well center with the Indivision ECS V1. The Game picture with the Indivision ECS V1 is not filling the screen. And the Demos have distortion such as on the Indivision AGA MK2CR. With the Indivision ECS V2 and the Indivision AGA MK3 I can see the Demos to the end without distortion.

And please don’t claim that you got right and I not. I’m happy with the Indivision ECS V2 and shall also buy the next upgrade and so on. There is always room to upgrade but for now it’s the best flicker fixer for the A500.

You see it also with Pinball Dreams. Pinball is a fast game for a Indivision ECS V2. On the Indivision AGA MK3 it don’t have ghosting. For the rest the Indivision ECS V2 works great on the BenQ BL702A monitor. Maybe the adapter can help the ghosting for Pinball Fantasies and Pinball Dreams.

There a lot of games which have no ghosting with the Indivision ECS V2. For me the Indivision ECS V2 is far better than the old Indivision ECS V1.

Bought the ECS V2 on the 15th of November 2020, running the latest update from the wiki-page.

I have also two BenQ BL702A's, ghosthing on both of them with the ECS V2. No ghosting when I connect both to my A1200 with the Indi AGA MK3.

I tried everything I think, AOS 3.0, AOS 3.1.4, all kinds of resolutions, different VGA-cables, played with pixel clock and phase of the monitor,... I got always the ghosting.

Maybe my VGA Mode screen will help you, Phil. Should be strange if there is difference between the Indivision ECS V2’s. Use the BestClassicWB 1.5 and also the BestWB 1.3 for the best use of the AOS 3.1.4.1. You see on my pictures that the picture is razor sharp with my Indivision ECS V2 on the BenQ BL702A monitor.

Maybe you could show us your 'VGA Mode screen' in Indivision tool aswell so we can have a look at your pixel clock and everything

Edit: I also have two BenQ BL 702As. Also have a BL 912. When did you buy your ECS V2? I bought mine just after they were released. I believe late 2018 or early 2019.

Shall this week show the VGA Mode screen. I’m busy with the TC64 V1 which Games and Demos work and which not.

Have buy the Indivision ECS V2 here by iComp 23 September 2020. Have use the Indivision ECS V1 for years and I’m very happy with the Indivision ECS V2. Would have the BenQ BL912 for my two Indivision AGA MK2CR to test the DVI.

My two BenQ BL702A monitors are from 2018.

I really hope the adapter will be CE approved,

Now I use a background for the Workbench screen, the ghosting is still there but it’s less visible. For games and demo’s I’m using the scanlines option now but that don’t really helps.

All the other hardware I have from Jens for my Amiga’s are superb, only this ECS V2 needs a solution. 🙏

Have on my two BenQ BL702A monitors no ghosting with the Indivision ECS V2. Have AOS 3.1.4.1 with BestClassicWB 1.5 and also with BestWB 1.3. Run PAL High Res Laced 16 colors. Games and the Demos run smooth. Maybe I had lucky with it. Would be great to see the difference with the adapter.

Maybe I can help you with the settings with the monitor and the Indivision ECS V2.

I had that same problem on my A1K A500 Rev 8B board. Which I did the same as you. Do no more a replica boards there is always something. Use now the A500 Rev 6A with the Indivision ECS V2 and have no problems more. Use the old A500 tank mouse. See it on my A1200 strange mouse behavior with the AGA MK2CR. The black AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse work but the white AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse not. The white AMIGA Technologies Hi Resolution mouse work well with the AGA MK3.

The Indivision ECS V2 and the AGA MK3 are great flicker fixers. And are easy to understand how everything works. And the best are the updates for it. Had a lot of problems with the ECS V1 and to much with the AGA MK2CR. Use the BenQ BL702A monitors and know it is picky with resolutions. The best is PAL High Res Laced and have a stable HighGFX Super High Res Laced with AGA MK3. And with ECS V2 it don’t work HighGFX Super High Res Laced.

The splash screen does not change the boot time of the computer. In fact, the computer can't even detect whan the splash sreen is shown. So again, your numbers are plain wrong (or they are not even numbers, but simple mis-perceptions). There is no technical explanation, and your claim won't be supported by any scientific approach.

It have a delay of 4 seconds before it go on the Indivision ECS V1 and the AGA MK2CR. There many things that boot can go faster such as recapping or higher Blocksize 4096 bytes and a faster ACA1233n-55. There also difference which brand and type CF cards. Some are fast and some are very slow. Use SanDisk Ultra 30MB/s 16GB CF cards.

The Indivision AGA MK2CR is a difficult flicker fixer to understand. Than the very easy settings of the Indivision ECS V2 and the Indivision AGA MK3 which make sense. A big thanks for the many updates that help a lot.

Is the ACA500Plus menu system firmware v0.135 the latest or come there in the near future a new update out. The only down side of the Indivision ECS V2 is the resolution size of the ACA500Plus menu. And it don’t see the name of the ACA1233n-55 on the ACA500Plus.

You can see that is around 7MB/s with the ACA1233n-55.

The ACE2 is a great upgrade. Would be interesting the new ACE2b.

Careful - this sentence sounds like you're claiming a different boot speed because Indivision ECS V2 is installed. This can't have an influence on boot time.

Same here - if you are observing different start times between systems equipped with different flicker fixers, it's absolutely not due to the flicker fixers. Remember that correlation not automatically results in causality.

The Indivision ECS V1 and the Indivision AGA MK2CR have during boot and reboot screen faults. It change resolution before it correct to the end of the boot. The same is on the Indivision AGA MK2CR. Maybe the BenQ BL702A monitor don’t like it and correct it latter on.

With the Indivision ECS V2 and the three Indivision AGA MK3’s it go perfect and fast.

No, not because of the IDE speeder, as that's not even switched on when operated on the ACA500plus (see register description in the Wiki). I developed the thing, so I wonder what data you have that lets you say otherwise :-) The speed gain is due to the faster memory controller(s).

Did it also with the Blizzard 1230 IV / 50MHz with a 50MHz FPU on the ACA500Plus and it did 6MB/s. And that have a fast 128MB 50ns on it. The memory on the ACA1233n-55 is not so fast than on my Blizzard 1230 IV. Have also test it with a old ACA1233n-40 with no IDE Speeder on it. And that have 6MB/s the same as with the Blizzard 1230 IV. Strange that the ACA1233n-55, ACA1233n-40 with IDE Speeder and the ACA1221LC have 7MB/s with the ACA500Plus. There most be something else that makes a extra 1MB/s than a faster memory controller(s). Maybe it’s the AOS 3.1.4.1 with BestClassicWB 1.5 / BestWB 1.3. Did the same with AOS 3.1 with BetterWB 4.3 and have around 6.7MB/s. Is little slower but fast for a A500.

Thanks Jens for clarifying this about the ACE2b.

And yes, the speed of CF cards is faster than my A1200's PCMCIA card and CF HDD with the Blizzard 1230 IV. But for my use it is also fast enough.

Both Amigas boot faster than my latest Apple MacbookPro 8|:thumbup:

Get on my A500 a boot of 8 seconds to see AOS 3.1.4.1 - BestClassicWB 1.5. With BestWB 1.3 it boot 10 seconds. That is with the ACA1233n-55 on the ACA500Plus V2 (7MB/s and use of the Indivision ECS V2). Which is 6 seconds faster than my old Indivision ECS V1 with a Super Denise chip on it.

My A1200 with AOS 3.1 - BetterWB 4.3 and the Indivision AGA MK3 it boot 14 seconds. That use the Blizzard 1230 IV with the FPU and 128MB 50ns. The Indivision AGA MK2CR is very slow around 22 seconds.

Remember that Phil has the ACA1221lc on his ACA500plus, where the IDE speeder of the ACA1221lc is not active. The high speed of the CF card slots comes purely from the transparent 32-bit access that the ACA500plus does with every 32-bit accelerator, not just the ACA1221lc. This means that in your case, which is obviously the first ACA1221 with full 32-bit address space, you might want to think about the update to logic version 1.3, which allows 42.5MHz operation if all options are licensed and switched on. CF card speed is the going to be almost same as with the ACA1221lc - minor differences to be expected, as the ACA1221lc is still a good deal faster @40MHz than the ACA1221 @42.5MHz due to the optimized memory controller.

Had also a ACA1221LC with the ACA500Plus V1 and got with the CF card around 7MB/s. The ACA1221LC was running 40MHz. Like my old ACA1221 v1.2 more than the ACA1221EC and the ACA1221LC what I have sold this year. Now my setup is with ACA500Plus V1 with the ACA1221 is running 28MHz with around 6MB/s on a CF card. My second ACA500Plus V2 with the ACA1233n-55 is running 55MHz with around 7MB/s on a CF card. The ACA1221LC and the ACA1233n-55 give a extra 1MB/s with the ACA500Plus because of the IDE Speeder on it.

The ACA1221 v1.3 is very rare and yes it can reach 42.5MHz. My ACA1221 I use is only for some WHDLoad Games which don’t like the ACA1233n-55 such as Secret of Monkey Island. The best option from the ACA1221 is the 63MB FAST RAM which don’t have the ACA1221EC/LC. If the ACA1221LC has the same amount of FAST RAM as the ACA1221 than it was a great 68020 card.

The ACA1221LC it get around 3.4MB/s on a A1200 such as the ACA1233n-55. Hopefully the ACA1260 would run faster than that. Had hope that the ACA1233n-55 run faster which was for me a let down. For the rest the ACA1233n-55 is faster than than my two Blizzard 1230 IV cards.

I ‘overclocked’ the cpu on the ACA1221lc who’s connected with ACA500PLUS+ with the ACAtool to 40 MHz.

Now the A500 is running at +40 MHz, very fast in every thing I do and so far no problems at all. It’s going from Cowabunga to Smell the rubber 😲

The ACE2b is on the wishlist.

Phil aca Japhi

With the CA-PSU you can do 40MHz all day long. It’s fast for a 68020 card and the IDE Speeder would be faster.

Sold out for a long time now, at this moment I’m happy with Aca500+ and the Aca1221lc. Every demo and game works.

Thinking about the ACE2b, what are the advantages of this if everything I have now is already working?

Your A500 have 2MB CHIP RAM with the ACE2b which is the same as the ACE2. My must be set on Force PAL in the ACA500Plus menu. Use it on the Rev6A board maybe I would buy the ACE2b for my reserve Rev6A board.

2MB CHIP RAM is great for WHDLoad some Games have need more than 1MB CHIP RAM. But that are not so many Games that use 2MB CHIP RAM. That goes also with the 68030 card. It would be faster if you use 2MB FAST RAM and a 68030 card. Think about AOS 3.1.4.1 - BestWB 1.3 or BestClassicWB 1.5 and iGame V2.

The ACA1221LC is a nice little card but like the old ACA1221 / 28MHz better because the 63MB FAST RAM and some WHDLoad Games works better with a 68020 card than a super fast 68030 card such as the ACA1233n-55.

Would be great to buy a ACA1260 for my A1200.

Cheers AMIGA JOHAN

I still wonder why you dont use the native resolution of your monitor (or at least 800x600) - that would certainly look better :)

Look worse with 800x600 and the 1280x1024 60Hz. Great for the Indivision ECS V2 and the Indivision AGA MK3. Had lot of problems with the Indivision ECS V1 and the AGA MK2CR. The BenQ BL702A monitor is great but not so great as the BenQ BL912. The BenQ BL912 is now rare and expensive, The 640x480 60Hz is the only best resolution for the TC64 V1. Normally I connect it on the TV but the C64R MK2 gives bad picture on it with Composiet or S-Video. Had a old Commodore 1702 monitor which was the C64R MK2 razor sharp but it’s now dead. The Ultimate 64 Elite looks great with HDMI on the TV.

Great, that every month a update come out. Have update it to 9k the letters are good but only the K is not good (640x480 60Hz). You see it (64K) on the C64 Basic screen F3 option.

The REU demo Treu Love / Booze Design works now perfect with 9i it stops.

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=144105

Shall test the best C64 Games and Demos if it works or not on the BenQ BL702A VGA monitor. Setup C64 Reloaded MK2, iComp 12V DC 2.0A with the TC64 V1.

The only probleem is that the ACA500Plus menu not center correct with the Indivision ECS V2. For the rest I very happy with it. Far better than the Indivision ECS V1. Also the Indivision AGA MK3 is perfect sharp on the BenQ BL702A. Much better than the Indivision AGA MK2CR. Like the Live-modus for some WHDLoad Games.