Posts by JohanSSID

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

How about uploading your setting? That's what the "save config" function is for - you can either upload a binary, or copy&paste the text file for a single mode. We've developed it specifically for that purpose.

Din’t know that, thanks Jens. Like the live configuration menu. Some Games you must do that. For Demos it correct it automatic. Have to many Demos freeze problems and black screens with the old Indivision AGA MK2CR. With the Indivision AGA MK3 it runs smooth and fast.

Why do you not send the cards with the last update?. Customers will appreciate.

Had the same problem with my monitor. And use my IndiAGAmk3Rescue ADF which is on this link. Hope that it work for you and then use the new 1.9 update.

https://cloud.amigacafe.nl/s/qrS1m7tWuKzKtz2

Have now three Indivision AGA MK3s on my A1200s and it works great. For me it’s a big step forward than the old Indivision AGA MK2CR. Use only VGA which my monitor have.

The CA-PSU is the best PSU I ever used for my A1200s. Hope that a new version come out. Recap is also very important if not than you can have a lot of problems. There are so many things which can happens with a very old A1200 motherboard.

Like problems with my A1200s that alone is a great challenge. There is always things to change which works better.

There are always things to improve on an A500/A1200. For me it's a lot of trial and error and it remains a challenge. The best for an A500 is an ACA500Plus and you get a lot in return. Read always Wiki.iComp and update everything.

Right now, even the 230V version is sold out, and I Need to do a few changes to the design in order to avoid unavailable chips (you probably heard about "chip shortage" in the media). That's been about my job description for the past weeks - feels really unproductive.

Chip shortage is a big problem. Hope that we can buy the CA-PSU.

I like the A1200 cases and hope to see new A500 cases but every time I've open my wallet to buy...they have been unavailable.

There are on Alinea Computer Shop. White, Black and Translucent are available. The rare cases are very difficult to seek and are very expensive such as my A1200 GHOST case. There come a new batch for the A1200 CD32 cases and the keycaps moving up in the production waiting queue.

The Checkmate case is for me a disaster. I’m very happy with the A1200 cases from A1200NET. Have now 5 and I’m very proud with the GHOST case (Glow in the Dark). There are only 8 produce and waiting for the Black A500 case with the Black keycaps. Like the A1200 CD32 case which I use now. Do a lot of A1200 projects and have room enough. Thanks to the CA-PSU I don’t use a big ATX any more. There are so many things that I can build in a A1200 case.

Have since a year the C64C Transparant case from the 2015 kickstarter Dallas Moore. Which I use it with the C64R MK2 and the Turbo Chameleon 64 V1.

Have heard from Stefanie (Pixelwizard Retro Shop) that the moulds for the Transparant cases have been reworked again to improve the quality even more. If so is’t a improvement than the 2015 case from Dallas Moore.

The 68060 Rev6 CPU have crazy high prices. But the demand is very high and not so many 68060 Rev6 CPU are out there. For me the best CPU would always be the 68030. A 68060 card is a great card to have but for the right price. Hope that I can afford the ACA1260. It’s a very long time ago that I had a Blizzard 1260.

For now the ACA1234-50 would be a great investment for my 4th A1200 project. I’m a big fan of the Blizzard 1230 IV and the ACA 68030 cards.

That’s great news the CF slot on the ACA1234. Finally fast IDE that can go to 10MB/s. Looking for to buy the ACA1234-50 for my A1200 with the new AOS 3.2. It’s a beautiful 68030 card to combine with the Indivision AGA MK3. Is’t faster than the ACA1233n-55.

Note that this is the first time that I am offering a 68030 accelerator with an SD-Ram controller that can run fully sync with the CPU at different speeds - the ACA1233n reverts back to async RAM access when the CPU is not running at 55MHz.

Darn - I thought I'm done with feature creeping on the ACA1234 :-)

That would be fantastic on the ACA1234. 👍👍👍

The IDE speeder is essentially the same, as it uses the same approach. I will most likely reduce the maximum speed, but if you have any trouble with the ACA1233n IDE speeder, then you always need to look at the whole chain that's involved: Activating the IDE speeder requires higher performance from your mass-storage device, so if something is not working right, you can't blame the IDE speeder alone. It might as well be your CF-card/harddrive/IDE adapter that can't provide the high speed that the IDE speeder requries. We have lots of customers being very happy with an SSD and performance beyond the 10MB/s mark.

Do also performance test with the 4GB MicroDrive which is faster on AOS 3.1 than a CF card. Use it now with the Blizzard 1230 IV. Latter this week I test it with the ACA1233n-55 maybe the IDE Speeder is faster. Maybe AOS 3.1.4.1 don’t like the IDE Speeder with SanDisk CF cards which I use. Know of the SSD performance 10MB/s mark.

To be honest, I would not know what the hardware could do differently to be "more WHDload compatible" - isn't WHDload geared towards making games compatible with faster CPUs? Further, since the ACA1233n-55 has the possibility to switch back to "68ec020 with fastmem", you actually have more compatibility than the ACA1234 will offer, as that will still let you run WHDload. The ACA1234 will only have the possibility to switch off completely, so the 68ec020 does not see any extra memory. This will most likely limit you to very few games with WHDload, as you only have chip ram.

Must see if WHDLoad making updates for Games for faster CPU’s. It’s more that the sound is faster such on The Secret of Monkey Island. Did do with ACATool lower the CPU speed at it stay the same problem. Did also switch back to 68ec020 with Fastmem but the ACA500Plus V2 Boot CF 3.1.4.1. don’t boot up it freeze up. Work with AOS 3.1 to switch back to 68ec020 with Fastmem but the issue with the sound is the same. With the Blizzard 1230 IV every WHDLoad Games and Demos works perfect also on the ACA500Plus V2 and V1. Don’t see any issue with the Blizzard must be the ACA1233n-55 is to fast for a 68030. Had a ACA1232-33MHz and the ACA1233n-40 and it works great with my favorite WHDLoad Games and Demos. Most of the WHDLoad Games and Demos works with the ACA1233n-55 but have the same problems as the ACA1233 55MHz 2015 Limited Edition which I use now for 5 weeks. Has swap it for the Blizzard 1240 which has CPU heat problems and I don’t like the 68040 CPU. Would nice if I had do a upgrade with a 68060 Rev6 CPU but there are so many fakes Rev6 CPU’s out there.

Would be nice to see a ACA1234 for people to seek a great 68030 card. Have a fast ACA1233n-55 and a FPU on it I don’t care. Lot of FPU 68882 50MHz are fake and on a ACA1233n-55 it’s not the best way to do it because the warranty is gone. Have two Blizzard 1230 IV’s with FPU’s 68882 50MHz on it and don’t use it (maybe some Demos). Don’t see the benefit to use a FPU on a 68030 card.

Should be great if the ACA1234 have a 68030 50MHz CPU such as on the ACA1233n-55. Was to late to buy a second ACA1233n-55 for my fifth AMIGA 1200 project. Use the ACA1233n-55 on the ACA500Plus V2 which run great. Must use the ACA1221 on the ACA500Plus V1 for some WHDLoad Games which don’t like the ACA1233n-55.

For me I would like to buy the ACA1260 if that’s possible this year. Hope that the 68060 Rev6 CPU is on it. The Warp 1260 is only for Beta tester, the TF1260 come not out and the Vampire 1200 V2 is not the real deal and the waiting list is to long. And a Blizzard 1260 is very rare to buy.

Hope that the ACA1234 have better compatibility for WHDLoad Games and Demos than the ACA1233n-55. There is always room for improvement and my two Blizzard 1230 IV’s runs now great but for how long. Maybe the ACA1234 have better IDE Speeder on it and a new card design than the ACA1233n-55.

One of the next things to test is a similar kind of IDE speeder on the ACA1240/1260. Since the ACA1233n-55 has rather limited logic, only two speeds were implemented (PIO mode 3 and 4), but the ACA1240/1260 can implement much finer granularity in terms of timing, so we can push/relax timing much better. Still, this may require a buffered adapter or high-quality CF card to work reliably. I've had great results with a buffered IDE adapter and a physical IDE drive (old IBM 16G drive), as that was MUCH faster than any CF card or DOM that I could find (>10MB/s).

On-board IDE is not planned. I don't want contraptions with a wobbly CF card adapter on such an expensive card.

Would be great if the ACA1260 would have faster IDE speeder than the ACA1233n-55.

I had also mixed results with the IDE speeder on the ACA1233n-55 with the A1200. With the SanDisk Ultra CF 16GB 30MB/s I have around 2.6MB/s and with the SanDisk Ultra CF 32GB 50MB/s. Which works the best with my AOS 3.1.4..1 BestClassicWB 1.5 and AOS 3.1.4.1 BestWB 1.3 with FFS. The SanDisk Ultra II CF 8GB 15MB/s is the fastest around 3.4MB/s but that speed I can only have with AOS 3.1 BetterWB 4.3.

The ACA1233n-55 with the ACA500Plus V2 I have around 6.9MB/s with a SanDisk Ultra CF 16GB 30MB/s card. With AOS 3.1.4.1 BestClassicWB 1.5 and BestWB 1.3.

How fast would be a CF card with the ACA1260 with the A1200. Have the IDE speeder also have speed difference with AOS 3.1 and AOS 3.1.4.1 such as the ACA1233n-55. The ACA1260 is nice to have on the ACA500Plus V2 but would like it more on the A1200 for the AGA 060 Demos.

That's something you can change with the config tool. V1 did have a different default setting, but that was not perfect for other applications. Thing is that you can't be perfect for *all* applications, as the overscan area of the Amig is so big.

Thanks, the Config tool helps a lot is now center the ACA500Plus menu.

I’m to busy with the Turbo Chameleon 64 V1 on the C64 Reloaded MK1. The Turbo Chameleon 64 V1 is perfect on the BenQ BL702A. Have now the VGA Mode 768x576 50Hz. And did that also with the Indivision ECS V1. Can now live with the Indivision ECS V1. It’s not perfect but much better than first. Would be interest to see how well the Turbo Chameleon 64 V2 is.

You change my words to fast and there is no ghosting on my Workbench. There is only little ghosting on two Pinball games. And that saw I also on the Indivision ECS V1. For 16 colors my Workbench looks great with BestClassicWB 1.5. And the WHDLoad Games and Demos run smooth.

Can’t tell for the TC64 V2 which I don’t have. Like the TC64 V1 because it have VGA and have sharp picture on the BenQ BL702A monitor. Not all Games and Demos works great such on the 1541 Ultimate II. Use the TC64 V1 as cartridge on the C64 Reloaded MK1. Like the C64 Reloaded MK1 more than the C64 Reloaded MK2.

You think that with the Indivision ECS V1 which I don’t like at all. For me the products of iComp is which work the best for the purpose you use.