Posts by Amiga1200DKB

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I haven't done any unsoldering as that voids support. The microcontroller U2 (as you've described previously which I didn't check) looked like a MOSFET pictured on a YT tutorial and I followed the instructions there. The card was not powered and the meter has no current (?) only resistance check. So I don't think it would be further damaged.

Hi Jens. I took another opportunity to look at my ACA 1221lc with a meter. You mentioned the Mosfet U2 might be an issue.

The meter readings are:

GATE 1.38, 1.99 ohms (1-2, 1-3)

DRAIN 1.99, 1.99 ohms (5-6, 5-7)

Source / .694 ohms (8-4)

PIN + 7-2 .74 ohms

2-7 1.38 ohms

6-3 1.99 ohms

3-6 1.99 ohms

I haven't done such a test, and the readings certainly don't correspond to a healthy Mosfet according to the Youtube tutorial.

Are you able to shed any light on the matter. TIA.

There's always going to be differing market segments in the tech industry, and sure a large majority of users are going for a solution that is relevant today for them. What you have explained is surely going to interest many readers and that's a good thing. My point was that there are users who like myself have since gone for low-impact solutions that enhance the original platform over the latest technology (although latest functionality is not to be discounted). The idea originality, I think, is spawned from including yourself and need in that platform whereas the "Latest and Greatest" often over-rides that need rather than servicing it. For example: What was wrong with the Indivision Classic? It covered OCS, ECS and AGA machines; it is small form-factor and not offensive and from the sound of it a reasonable picture. It was not an RTG capable device but the majority Amiga user base isn't either I would think. I haven't seen examples of its output TBH.

RTG output is a niche Amiga market that is worth looking at. IDK if that is anymore an Amiga but it looks a lot better. I have an Apollo Icedrake A1200 for example which is great for multimedia but my interests don't seem to warrant it somehow. Maybe I'm rambling from a personal level. I also had a PicassoII in my A3000 but sold that in favor of a standard display for that machine.

I could sell my Amigas (6) but, for now, I bought them for their relevancy amongst differing points of time and service modalities. EG An AGA A1200 can do media better and covers a wider range of WHDLoad titles while an A500(+) can do justice to some software written for OCS low memory specifics. My A3000 just has a spanking form-factor and the genuine authenticity of a big-box computer.

The upcoming products sound tantalizing though.

Thanks Jens for the info. I have a 19" TFT 5:4 vga screen so a lot of features aren't needed as for 16:9 monitors I guess. I liked the small form factor of some external units and preferably cabled either end for my current setup.

The thing with internal units is they're invasive I think as a third party product and the ease of swapping machines on the desk would dictate an external unit. Say if I wanted to fire up my A500+ to test some OCS software from forums etc.

I've sourced something for now but am interested in a small form factor external unit with VGA passthrough too.

Thanks.

Hi Jens. Do you have any NOS External Indivision scan-doublers available ? I read a post that Amigakit sold them years ago and from reports they are good. I was looking at Micronik Scandex units but none are around and there have been problems reported such as banding and poor soldering of cables. I also don't want an internal unit.

TIA.

Ok Thanks Jens. I have a ACA1231 but that now has a home in another A1200. I have 6 ACA cards - it's nice to know their functions. I've left the command as ACAtune -cache on -burst on >NIL: and that will have to do for this setup. The speed difference isn't a great deal and seems more perceptual from my point of view.

Thanks for all the information and assistance.

Thanks Jens. I didn't know the ACATune options are case sensitive. Without the p option the IDE isn't found on reboot as it's too fast. With the p option, soft-boot is ok but... - the 3.9 OS goes into recoverable alert with every function call on WB as though the GUI is patched with the "pause".

I followed this thread: ACATune - Page 1 (amiga.org)

It worked when ACATune was in the User-Startup; but I think ACATune overrode the patched scsi.device from Setpatch and I had no IDE if soft-booted. I had to switch it off and on again at the power.

I'm now thinking ACATune may work after Loadmodule and before Setpatch in the startup-sequence.

SYSInfo shows 62MB fast ram. When Maprom works it's at $0bf00000. Is the KS 3.0 jumper $0C000000 memory unused??

A1200 3.1 ROM OS 3.9 BB4 - rom updated (3.9) from Devs file - ROM Updates (312k) during boot.

- ACA 1230 EC 25 @ 28.7 mhz

"ACATUNE MAPROM * >NIL:" in startup sequence returns Maprom Disabled when ACATUNE STATUS is queried from Workbench?

"ACATUNE MAPROM *" when no startup-sequence returns Invalid argument. ACATUNE STATUS returns No Board Found.?

"ACATUNE MAPROM * " from Workbench gives affirmation of success 0$b0000.... - returns Maprom Activated when ACATUNE STATUS is queried (Workbench). - (this is ineffectual obviously.)

KS 3.0 jumper is closed as you've previously suggested. Manual states leave jumper open if KS 3.1?

Jens. I have again tried my 1221lc and it will cold boot with no startup-sequence but repeatedly guru's on warm boot and/or startup-sequence with 8000 000B. I haven't tried the 14 mhz again it is set at 26mhz as you might remember 14mhz wouldn't write to rom.

I also have 2 1230 cards now; one with a black replacement header, slightly burnt pcb from that work and no box; and the one I recently posted about which I'd probably like to put a 68EC030RP25C cpu in and no box.

And also a Vesalia 1231 with no box (working but retiring).

Do you have boxes for these cards (1221lc has a box) and would you be up to refurbishing the 1221lc and 2 1230's?

Thought I'd ask.

A side question: I already have an ACA 1230-42 and it has an MC68EC030RP40B installed. The icomp Wiki lists the 42mhz card as a full 68030. Would that cpu have been replaced also?

Q2: Do ACA Accelerators permit a external fdd connected? Mine is giving NDOS on a Gotek and fdd. I ask because my Apollo Icedrake A1200 won't boot with an external fdd connected.

Thanks, the Melbourne user group is the most active in Australia followed by Brisbane and WA. I do know of a couple of technicians but one has moved to Malaysia and the other is my cousin and not as skilled as he was in his prime - or enthusiastic to help. IF the situation presents itself I will be in touch. Thank You for the offer.

R.