Posts by iljitsch

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I was trying out recording the MK3 HDMI output on my Mac with Quicktime and a Cam Link 4K HDMI capture device.

When I first tried this the audio didn't work. I had set up an 48 kHz sampling rate on the Indivision and Quicktime also showed 48 kHz. But there were just a few blips every second or so. But on my HDMI monitors for the most part the HDMI audio worked great. (I had some weird effects in NTSC or when changing screen modes during playback.)

Just now I tried different sampling rates, and what do you know: at 96 kHz it works just fine. Even though Quicktime still reports 48 kHz.

So get ready for some super high quality long play videos, Youtube! (Well, not really, as I'm a terrible gamer.)

About the incorrect SHires detection: I had a lot of trouble with that yesterday (with the new firmware installed) when I was making new screen mode mappings that use SHires so I kept going in and out of SHires while using the setup tool. But those problems were fixed with a reboot whenever they occurred. I don't think I had a problem when I wasn't using the setup tool.

I now have my Workbench in 960x570 PAL SHires lace but also use regular PAL from time to time and I haven't seen the issue today.

I've had a few times where the screen turned black for a second or two, but not like before the update where there were a few times it kept going black every two seconds in some modes.

However, I've had a lot of trouble with the MK3 seeing the difference between SHires vs not SHires. I had that before the update but it seems to have gotten worse. A reboot resolves this issue most or all of the time, though.

you can either set to "black borders left and right", or you can stretch the picture to be full-screen.

I don't see such an option in the setup tool, as far as I can tell the image is always stretched.

Also, is it possible to switch to a different resolution in live config mode? This was suggested in this forum at some point but not documented in the manual.

BTW, I set up a 960x540 mode on a 1920x1080 monitor and it looks amazing. A bunch more space for the workbench but not a sea of empty space like when I try to push my A3000's Cybervision card to its limits. 8)

On the Amiga side this is PAL super-hires interlace with a custom screen size of 960x540. PAL overscan needs to be set large enough for 270/540 lines. Be sure that the Indivision triggers on SHires. On the HDMI side it's either EDID 1920x1080@60Hz 150 MHz pixel clock or a copy of that mode with the pixel clock reduced to 125 MHz so the framerate reduces to 50 Hz.

Although this is a super-hires mode, it's actually not too slow in 256 colors, as the video chip only needs to read 960 pixels per line from chip RAM rather than 1280. This leaves a reasonable amount of chip RAM bandwidth for the CPU and the blitter.

I would definitely recommend including such a resolution in the defaults.