Posts by sadzak

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

PC PSUs (especially ATX) are known-bad for the Amiga. Please read our PSU FAQ. In short: Most PC PSUs have 12V as their main regulation rail, while the Amiga requires 5V to be the main regulation rail.

Thanks Jens. I am familiar with that. However, my Indivision worked perfectly between original firmware (one it has been delivered with) and latest one. Original one was bad and I have minor issues with 1.6 (artefacts on cold boot and EDID issue reported in separate thread). In general I find Indivision awesome device.

Thank you. :-)

I don't get it, this EDID produces two modes for me.

Please test with the attached version 1.6.1 of the config tool. After selecting 'Settings/Restore to Defaults' and 'Settings/Re-Read Monitor Display Data...', how many new modes are reported?

This version of the config tool is not for general use; it produces a lot of debug output. The output can be recorded on a serial interface or using a tool like Sashimi. If you still get an error, perhaps you can try to record the debug output and post it here.

IndivisionAGAmk3-1.6.1.lha

Hi. I did not try debug version yet. However, I have tried Settings/Restore to defaults. After this, application did read two EDID configs. I will compare them to the ones I already use.

If you can connect a monitor to the native display without hassle, then you do not even need the rescue disk for the IndivisionAGAmk3. For regular use, the config tool should be absolutely enough. If you think it's worth the effort, you can add the following lines to your S:user-startup:

Code
    1. c:TestRMB
    2. if warn
    3. echo "About to flash IndivisionAGAmk3 firmware in 10 seconds..."
    4. ; c:beep
    5. wait 10 sec
    6. ; c:beep
    7. c:indivisionagamk3-flashtool flash devs:indivisionagamk3-firmware
    8. endif

You can find TestRMB in http://aminet.net/util/misc/MouseTest.lha.

From the IndivisionAGAmk3 archive, copy flashtool to c:indivisionagamk3-flashtool and firmware to devs:indivisionagamk3-firmware. To be a bit more on the safe side, find some tool to produce an audible beep, and comment in the appropriate lines.

This is how I did it:

Code
    1. C:GetMouseInput LOCAL
    2. IF $MouseInput EQ 1
    3. Unset MouseInput
    4. C:flashtool flash c:FIRMWARE
    5. EmdCli >NIL:
    6. EndIF

In any case I find warnings unnecessary because screen is black (out of range) ;) However, my idea was to offer to users option like this as a choice when creating rescue disk

Sorry for the delay but I was away from home. Anyway, please find attached MYEDID file from 1.6 version. It shows my EDID reads from earlier versions which I have tested again now. Please see below list of IndivisionAGAmk3 and number of modeds reported:

1.3 - 3

1.4 - 2

1.5 - 2

1.6 - 0 (error)

Monitor is Fujitsu Siemens

Files

• myedid.zip

(402 Byte, downloaded 209 times, last: )

After flashing 1.6 firmware and new app, IndivisionAGAmk3 can't read my monitor data. Error reads: "Could not read Display Information."

After trying 1.5 version of application it worked with 1.6 firmware So, bug is in the app itself, not firmware.

Hi,

I believe that all AGA machines now days are running some sort of HDD (real or from CF, DOM, SD....). In this context you might provide an option (automatic or manual) to execute batch file or line from Startu-Sequence for the same effect eg. if user holds a mouse button or certain key during boot. I find this more practical than separate rescue disc.;)

When I grab some time I will tidy it up (trim a bit more if needed). I will try solder side up too. I am looking to get new case which has VGA hole instead of modulator. In any case If PCB is width of VGA connector it would be easy fit.

All it took was filing PCB to be narrower and fit in place and small cut on the shield and housing to accommodate screws of VGA port. If I put it upside might be even easier. Symmetrical design if PCB is VGA port width would work perfect. I have put insulation between PCB and Amiga motherboard.

Hi,

I have installed Mk3 and after initial confusion and disappointing results it works great:)!. Peace of advice for all: flash latest firmware, it made huge quality improvements for me. Also, after choosing one VGA mode for all and a little bit of fiddling between live configs and a tool to save them I am happy as a pup;).

However, I have removed my RF module and used this spot to install monitor connection. I had to trim a PCB a little but outcome is AWESOME! I think that you should consider making it a bit narrower and a little bit reshaped to make it an easy job for everyone. (I am using space beneath FDD for my CF card adapter to be accessible w/o opening the case)