Posts by Captain Zap

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hello again,

after I managed to get the MK3 working, there is something that still keeps bothering me from the start, but I thought I may be able to resolve it OR it would resolve itself with an accelerator card. Today I received the ACA 1233n and you would say I'm still in the test phase with that. Anway the problem:

The HDMI image quality is great, but a little bit "jerky".

This problem ALWAYS persist, I can remove everything from the A1200, so there is no card whatsoever installed, and still the screen scrolling, text scrolling or moving objects are a bit jerky. Simultaneously everything on the Commodore 1084S CRT appears as smooth as butter.

I already tried swapping PSUs, since I figured that will be one of the questions coming up. Also I so far tested 3 different HDMI TV sets.

It also doesn't matter what WB versions I would boot into or what demo / game I would start. Maybe this is just an easy to fix timing problem?

Although this lag not super extreme, it still is noticable. X/

Any idea what setting to change / where to look further to resolve this?

Thank you so much.

BTW - I still haven't figured really the difference between those 2 Screen Mode listings in the settings tool. The user guide only names them differently, but WHAT does the one do and what the other? :/

v/r

Arnold

I think I fixed it...

The selfmade-PSU was most likely not to blame, since switching to an original Commodore PSU did not change anything. It really seems to be the CF-Cards. I already tried out several CFs but I tried some more, apparently all Transcend Industrial or UDMA CF Cards don't sync up properly.

I found some older and slower SanDisk and CISCO CF-Cards and the problem is gone. For now.

Let's wait and see...I hope that was it.

So I think we don't have to worry about the Memory Expansion at this point.

Thanx

Arnold

*UPDATE*

It seems to get worse.

I opened up the case and blew in cold air just to rule out any possible heat issue, you never know. To rule out cable issues I also tried several HDMI cables as well.

Now getting directory information from any CF card or transferring files from/to CF card result in really ugly flickering and the black screen episodes get worse, lasting 3-5 seconds so even the OSD from the TV comes back on. It looks like the HDMI signal completely drops off.

But this doesn't happen only during intentional CF Card access, even during boot up and also intermittently the HDMI screen flickers, so presumebly every time the CF Card gets accessed in the background for whatever reason. This is sad and annoying at the same time.

Am I the only one with this problem? :/

Now either this is something really simple....or maybe not.

Attached is another pic from the mainboard specs/numbers

I tried several PSUs, original Commodore PSUs and this modified ATX-PSU with more Ompha. They all run stable but swapping PSUs does not have any effect.

It's a Philippine made / UK sold stock Commodore A1200 with a 8GB Hyperdrive DOM as Harddisk and an Amigakit 8MB FastRam expansion (currently set to 4MB due to PCMCIA compatibility).

Please see attached specs.

All,

I recently obtained this AGA MK3 which at first gave me some (heat related) issues which were quicly resolved by a firmware update. Who would've thought. 8)

Anyway, so far the AGA MK3 works great and it's an awesome device EXCEPT for this conflict with the PCMCIA CF Card adapter.

When a CF Card gets accessed (especially when files are being transferred) the HDMI image flickers like crazy including intermittent blackscreens. Several TVs have been tested and the 1084S CRT on the original RGB port doesn't care,so it has to be the HDMI signal.

Anybody else having had that issue? Please tell me this can be easily fixed with some setting in some (sub)menu, the CF Card(s) are my main means of file transfer/access ;(

v/r

Arnold