Posts by Phil

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi Jens,

I installed today the Indivision ECS V2 in my A500

My screen is an old Philipps LCD television (1440 x 900; 16:9) connected with VGA.

The quality is good but not the best (because old LCD), I connected it also on my Benq BL702a wich gives a much better quality.

Now the little problem is that the Benq is sold-out everywhere or the price is very high.

I was looking now to buy a new monitor (1280 x 1024; 5:4) and I've found the "iiyama e1780sd-b1"

Before I buy, I just want to know if it will work with the Indivision ECS V2 (Vertical Sync says 55 - 75 Hz), is this within the specs of the Indivision ECS V2?

Here are the specs of that monitor:

DISPLAY CHARACTERISTICS

Diagonal 17", 43cm
    Panel TN LED, matte finish
    Native resolution 1280 x 1024 (1.3 megapixel)
    Aspect ratio 5:4
    Brightness 250 cd/m² typical
    Static contrast 1000:1 typical
    Advanced contrast 12M:1
    Response time (GTG) 5ms
    Viewing zone horizontal/vertical: 170°/160°, right/left: 85°/85°, up/down: 80°/80°
    Colour support 16.7mln (sRGB: 99%; NTSC: 72%)
    Horizontal Sync 24 - 80kHz
    Vertical Sync 55 - 75Hz
    Viewable area W x H 337.9 x 270.3mm, 13.3 x 10.6"
    Pixel pitch 0.264mm
    Colour matte

You’re right (again) Jens 😀. It’s a fault in KS 3.1.4.

I made a new CF-card with the install of WB 3.1.4 and the update 3.1.4.1. Same fault with the ram.

I did also a test with copying files to the ram untill it was almost full. With KS 3.1.4 my Amiga crashes when there was around 1,5MB ram left without a warning. With KS 3.1 I got a warning ‘Ram disk is full” with only +- 300k left and no crash.

I will contact Hyperion about this and hopefully they have a new binary KS I can test...

Ok Jens,

Things for tomorrow, I will setup a CF-Card with the original 3.1.4 disks and the 3.1.4.1 update disk.

Let you know how things are going with the ACA500+
    If there’s any error, I will contact Hyperion.

All tests are now OK Jens with KS3.1 👍

Any ‘update’ solution with 3.1.4 if I want to use this? Otherwise I will use 3.1

Thanks for your time 😀

My configutation:

A500 Rev 6A (512k Chip Mem, no RTC), Fat Agnus 8372A

CA-PSU

ACA500+ updated to the latest firmware (Menu System V0.135)

Kickstart 3.1.4 loaded in slot 3 of the ACA500+ (used GrabKick to take an image from my KS in my A1200 (KS Roms bought by Hyperion)

Workbench version 3.1 from the boot CF-card (16GB) (DH0 formatted as FFS System, DH1 & DH2 formatted as PFS3 System, max transfer OX1FE00)

ACA1221lc (like I said before, pull back with 2 à 3mm from the ACA500+ to make good contact)

Indivision ECS V2 still not installed, will do it the coming weeks when my trapdoor memory + RTC is here)

If you need any other information, feel free to contact me.

Hi Jens,

Found a ‘problem’ on the ACA1221lc.

When I load the Amiga TestKit 1.15 and scan the memory I get the chip mem, fast mem and slow mem. The slow mem (1,62mb) is from the ACA1221lc.

When I test the slow mem, after a couple of seconds I get a black screen with an error code and the light on the ACA500+ switch off.

After this I do a warm reset (ctrl+A+A) I get a red screen and an error code “IF” on the ACA500+. The only thing that helps here is a total power off and restart with power on.

So far, no problems when play a game or do other things, only with the memore test.

See attached pictures.

Hi Jens,

All pins are good on the card slots are in very good condition, no bent ones.

The CF-cards I always using are SanDisk cards, bought here by a local dealer. No fake ones.

But.... everything is working now. The CF-card boots with my KS 3.1.4, The AUX card is recognized as well :thumbup:

The only thing I did... I placed my little protection box of the CF-card under the ACA121lc. :huh:

See Pictures

Next thing to do: install the Indivision ECS V2 but I wait when the new software is online.

Forgot to say at this moment I have only 512k Chip mem, an extra 512k ram for the trapdoor is on it's way to me.

I think I get it by the end of next week. Don't know if this will be a solution with my problem with the ACA1221lc.

Hi Jens, pull back with 1mm, didn't help. So I did 2 à 3mm and now the card is working without a black screen but ...

The ACA500+ don't want to boot from the CF card now, also the AUX card isn't recognized.

I tried the HDTools program to re-partition the boot card, the program finds the boot card but that's all.

When I read the configuration from the boot card in the HDTools program and I click OK the A500 hangs.

When I unplug the ACA1221lc, everything works again fine.

Something else I can try?

Thanks

Hi Jens,

I received today the CA-PSU, ACA500+, ACA1221lc and the Indivision ECS V2. Thanks for the quick delivery!

The ACA500+ plus is fully working on my A500 Rev 6a, boot from the CF card works great.

The problem is when I connect the ACA1221lc to the ACA500+ plus nothing happens.

When I power on with the CA-PSU there's only a little blue light (above the AUX card) thats pop-up for 0,5 second and then nothing. The 'Dismo' don't light up.

The only thing I see is a black screen. When I unplug the ACA1221lc and restart the Amiga everything works fine again.

Have I to do something with the jumper on the ACA1221lc or is there something on the ACA500+ that I need to do?

Thanks,

Phil

I had also some problems when I had the Indivision AGA MK3 in the begin.

Some errors like no hardware found, bad picture. This was with the original A1200 PSU.

Then I bought a PSU from a Polish company, did't have a problem for 1 week...

After 1 week again the same problems, and than on a day... that new PSU was blown up after using for about 20 minutes that day. End of life for that Polish PSU.

At last, I bought in August of this year the CA-PSU from Jens and now 4 months later, didn't have any problems so far.

It's maybe not the cheapest PSU on the market, but it's the best I ever used.

I also had this PSU from that Polish company, I can hereby confirm that this is certainly not a good PSU.

It can work for an Amiga without extensions, but this PSU cannot handle it with extensions.

When I installed the Indivision MK3 I kept getting freezing screens and Guru Meditations. It really was no longer workable. In the end, this PSU was blown up.

Then I bought the CA-PSU from Jens, it has been running here for 3 months now without a single problem.

I don't know if it will solve your flickering problems, but it's worth a try.

Just my word here.

I don't have the ACA1233n-55 but with demo's Jesus, Hardwired and Enigma no black screens, no crashes. Everything runs fine.

A1200 KS3.1.4 Rev 2B

Blizzard 1230/4 no FPU, 64MB Ram

Indivision AGA MK3

WHDLoad 18.5