Posts by Phil

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

1. When I start the configuration tool, I get a prompt saying the Indivision MK3 cannot be detected, despite the fact it is installed, a picture is output via HDMI and live configuration works. Why is this happening, and what I can I do to stop this message occurring?

The first time I installed the Indi AGA MK3 I also had the problem that it was not detected.

However, it was enough to push the Indi AGA MK3 very hard over the Lisa chip until it really clicks into place. You should be able to lift the A1200 by just grasping the Indi without letting it come loose.

From then on I had no problem at all.

Bought the ECS V2 on the 15th of November 2020, running the latest update from the wiki-page.

I have also two BenQ BL702A's, ghosthing on both of them with the ECS V2. No ghosting when I connect both to my A1200 with the Indi AGA MK3.

I tried everything I think, AOS 3.0, AOS 3.1.4, all kinds of resolutions, different VGA-cables, played with pixel clock and phase of the monitor,... I got always the ghosting.

I get the exact same ghosting both on the ECS V2 and the TC64 V2. They came out at the same time and seem to have the same weakness. I know Jens is working on adapter boards to try and get rid of the ghosting for ECS V2 and TC64 V2. But he said he might not get it CE approved so no promises he said.

I find this ghosting very distracting and am also dissapointed. Hoping for a solution.

I really hope the adapter will be CE approved,

Now I use a background for the Workbench screen, the ghosting is still there but it’s less visible. For games and demo’s I’m using the scanlines option now but that don’t really helps.

All the other hardware I have from Jens for my Amiga’s are superb, only this ECS V2 needs a solution. 🙏

Hi,

I had the same problems to connect the ACA1221lc to my ACA500+. The same problems like you write.

Finally I got it to work with a lot of trial and error. The solution was +- 1,5mm on the left side and on the right side 2-2,5 mm. You have to try a lot 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Didn’t try it on my A1200, there’s a Blizzard 1230 IV inside for almost 26 years.

I hope you find a solution to get it work.

Thanks Jens for clarifying this about the ACE2b.

And yes, the speed of CF cards is faster than my A1200's PCMCIA card and CF HDD with the Blizzard 1230 IV. But for my use it is also fast enough.

Both Amigas boot faster than my latest Apple MacbookPro 8|:thumbup:

Hi,

I installed my Indi ECS V2 in my A500 a few weeks ago. From the first moment I have ghosting, blending on the screen. I have already tried several VGA cables (cheap, expensive, long, short) The problem remains the same. I also have it on all resolutions (lowres, hires, hires laced, highgfx).

When I connect the VGA cable to the RGB port, I do have a sharp image without ghosting.

If I connect this monitor (BenQ BL702a) to my A1200 with Indi AGA MK3, I also have a very sharp image.

Sometimes it is really annoying when playing demos and games. Here a link from Pinball Fantasies https://youtu.be/zLHX5wp6XX4

Is there already a solution to get the quality of the image right? For the first time, I am really disappointed.

Phil

The ACA1221LC is a nice little card but like the old ACA1221 / 28MHz better because the 63MB FAST RAM and some WHDLoad Games works better with a 68020 card than a super fast 68030 card such as the ACA1233n-55.

I ‘overclocked’ the cpu on the ACA1221lc who’s connected with ACA500PLUS+ with the ACAtool to 40 MHz.

Now the A500 is running at +40 MHz, very fast in every thing I do and so far no problems at all. It’s going from Cowabunga to Smell the rubber 😲

The ACE2b is on the wishlist.

Phil aca Japhi

Should be nice if you have a ACA1233n-55.

Sold out for a long time now, at this moment I’m happy with Aca500+ and the Aca1221lc. Every demo and game works.

Thinking about the ACE2b, what are the advantages of this if everything I have now is already working?

I have the same "shadows" on my ECS V2 (A500) on the Benq BL702a monitor.

My A1200 has the AGA MK3 also on a Benq BL702a, this gives a very sharp picture.

I plugged the monitor and cable (from my A1200) to the ECS V2, the "shadows" are there again.

You can see it very clear on pinball games, if you use the "flippers" you can see the shadows. Also visible on the icons on the workbench.

Maybe I have to remove the metal shield of my A500, last thing I can try.

I installed today the Indivision ECS V2 in my A500

My screen is an old Philipps LCD television (1440 x 900; 16:9) connected with VGA.

The quality is good but not the best (because old LCD), I connected it also on my Benq BL702a wich gives a much better quality.

Now the little problem is that the Benq is sold-out everywhere or the price is very high.

I was looking now to buy a new monitor (1280 x 1024; 5:4) and I've found the "iiyama e1780sd-b1"

The iiyama e1780sd-b1 is a return to sender, not 100% convinced with the quality of the image, a bit too much ghosting.

Just found 1 BenQ BL702a and bought it.

Had the same problem with this 1221 card and the ACA500+

The trick with the 2 à 3 mm helped here but it's not the perfect and best solution.

A very light tap against the 1221 and there is a good chance that you will get a black screen.

In the meantime I bought a plexi housing for the Aca500+, now let's hope when this is built in with the 1221 I don't get a black screen ...

Didn't test with my A1200, don't want to pull out the Blizzard 1230 IV

In the meantime, you’re having now a clean keyboard 😂😂🥳

Have a nice day 👍