Posts by Phil

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Try it first with a good PSU.

I have almost the same A1200 Rev 2b (KS3.1.4; Blizzard 1230 IV + FPU; HDD CF 64GB; Indi AGA MK3;PCMCIA CF32GB)

Even with the original PSU of Commodore I had some problems after I had problems with a PSU from a Polish company.

With the CA-PSU all my problems went away.

Oh, and the copper tape cable helps the Indivision ECS V1 aswell.

The two key factors here is the 720x576@50Hz profile and the copper tape to avoid noise on this profile..

It’s a nice solution and indeed a very good clear and sharp picture 👍

We are using these monitors at work, they are very good. Love the eco function and the smoothing settings.

They are all connected with windows pc’s and working at 60Hz. Didn’t know they could work at 50 Hz or did you a special update of the firmware?

I would try one with the Amiga but it’s not allowed to bring my Amiga at work.

Interesting. I will try this on my ACA 500 Plus setup.

Like you could see in one of the pictures from PPaint, I have now a very clear picture, maybe a little ghosting but I can’t see it (eyes too old...) So, with this I’m satisfied.

With the DOS demo, pinball games,... it’s better but certainly not perfect. Still that smearing/ghosting.

I’m still in the running for that extra pcb board from Jens when it’s available 😀

Interesting, so this made a much bigger difference for you VS having groundwire from VGA plug to motherboard or RF shield?

There’s a ground wire from the ECS V2 to the RF shield and now also from the VGA plug to the Acca500. I tried also from the VGA plug back to the RF shield and another try was back to the diskdrive. Everytime another result but the biggest and best result was on the acca500.

Don’t ask me why, I’m not a technician.

...I can imagine that having the VGA cable running over your accelerator, like shown in your picture, Paul, will probably worsen things.

By next weekend I will try with a longer ground cable and I will protect the VGA cable with some silver paper. A person would try anything to get a better picture.

The DOS demo on my A1200 with the Indi AGA MK3 works without ghosting. Perfect picture, nothing to complain about.

This is not a permanent solution for me. As you can see I too have the plexi case and probably want the VGA connector over there. I may make some longer grounding cables and experiment.

Thx for the info!

I will try this as a preliminary fix at the end of next week.

Yesterday I watched the DOS demo (made by Andromeda) and the ghosting was so bad ... that I turned off the A500 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's just a few people who are very loud on this forum, because they want a 30-year-old computer to produce 21st-century-crystal-clear output on a Retina display.

I don't think I'm too loud here. I say my thoughts and I am honest.

I am just a bit disappointed with the image quality of moving images such as in games or demos. On the Workbench screen I now use a background where the ghosting is hardly visible.

When things are good, I also say it here on the forum and in certain Facebook groups. I bought for more than €900 last year in your shop, only the Indi ECS V2 was a bit disappointing because the Indi AGA MK3 gives such an excellent image on the same (non-Retina) BenQ BL702a monitor. The CA-PSU's, ACA500Plus, ACA1221lc, IndiAGA MK3's, ACE2b's,... are all excellent products and I'm very happy that you produce such items.

I want to pay for an upgrade when it comes, I just have the problem that I can not solder at all and when the time comes I want to send the card back if you can then adjust it for me (for a fee of course).

At first I thought I wouldn't need the 2Mb chip ram, but a few weeks ago I ordered and installed the ACE2b. Because I mainly work in HighGFX with the Indi ECS V2, the extra ram is more than welcome. Great product.

JohanSSID  turrican9  Jens

The ghosting is not only with Pinball Fantasies. I have it with a lot of games and demos. The pinball video I posted overhere some time ago was just an example because I don't want this topic is full of ghosting videos.

Jens knows there's a problem, some can live with it, others like me and turrican are perfectionists and want the best for our Amiga's.

Maybe is Johan the lucky guy without problems, we want be happy also :)

It's nothing to do with the software you install. OS3.0; OS3.1; OS3.1.4; ClassicWB; BestWB don't solve our problem. It's a hardware problem. I posted here pictures some time ago from the kickstart screens of 3.1 and 3.1.4 where you see the ghosting when connecting the ECS V2 with VGA-cable. When I connect through the RGB-port of the Amiga and 'play' with the pixel-clock there's no ghosting at all. Not in games, not in demos, not on the kickstart screens. Just pull out your sd-card from the Aca500+ and show us your kickstart screen.

This is not something I want to use to change everytime the VGA-cable from the ECS V2 to the RGB-port. The reason I bought the ECS V2 is that I use the Workbench screen in HighGFX-mode (and that's not supported through the RGB-port) and if I want to play a game or demo, just start WHDLoad without changing the cables.

I know we must be happy there's still exellent hardware made from Individual Computers and like I said before, I'm super happy with all the hardware I bought last year for our lovely Amiga's, just this ECS V2 is a disappointment so far but it's workable.

I will give Jens the time to find a solution for us all, and he will find it but I don't want to wait 2 years like the topic starter is now waiting for 2 years.

Phil

This topic started here since December 21, 2018.

I am starting to believe more that we will not get a solution here and unfortunately we will have to live with this. Of course I would much rather have seen it differently. Also few reactions from the people of Individual Computers about this problem.

But of course I keep hoping ...