Posts by amimmortal

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I had a play about with the Indivision prefs and managed to get a picture of sorts (I could see the test screen, but the picture was "rolling", as if there was an issue with the frequency selected.

I have to admit though, I am completely confused by the settings options available and worry that I will break something if I fiddle with them. Any help would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks,

AndrewC

Hi again,

So I eventually got around to getting a video capture device (an Avermedia LGP Lite GL310). It was relatively cheap on ebay, second hand. I've got it all set up but it won't detect/ display the output from the Indivision AGA Mk2 CR. I tested on my laptop and it detected/ displayed the signal no problem. Audio is being captured separately via the device. The passthrough signal is being sent to my monitor so I can still see the Amiga Indivision output, but I'm just getting blank screen on the capture device.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the capture card, so I'm wondering if there are any settings I can try within the Indivision prefs to see if I can get it to work.

Can you think of anything I might be able to try?

Thanks in advance,

AndrewC

As you mentioned HDMI capturing, I do assume we are talking about capturing the output of an indivision AGA mk3 product specifically here.

Hi there,

It's actually a Mk2 CR, which I should have mentioned - I'm assuming there won't be any issues capturing the video from this source into OBS. I have audio captured via a separate audio interface.

Cheers,

AndrewC

Thanks Jens,

I'm not sure I understand - I had no idea the indivision carried an audio signal - are you saying the audio signal on the HDMI causes some issues with video capture?

Cheers,

AndrewC

Hi Jens,

Quick question - I'm looking to get a HDMI video capture card to send the Amiga output to OBS, and someone mentioned that I'd need to be sure that the card will be compatible with the Indivision.

Are you aware of any issues using Indivision in this way? Or could you recommend a particular card/ external USB capture device?

Thanks in advance,

AndrewC

Thanks Jens,

If I was to buy the CA-PSU and Rapid Road, but leave the Solas card and LED lights disconnected (such that I only have the CF IDE adapter, Blizzard 1260, Heimdall and Indivision AGA Mk2 Cr connected), would I be safe to, for example, hot plug an external optical drive that is powered via the USB port (for example a Samsung SE-208GB/RSLD USB 2.0 External DVD Writer)?

To be fair, this kind of peripheral would be connected permanently, and I would avoid hot-plugging anyway. But if I had this, plus, say, a USB pen drive attached, could I safely hot-plug this with the Amiga running, without risking damage to the Rapid Road, or any other peripherals?

Thanks in advance,

AndrewC

Hi Jens,

Thanks for helping me out the other day. I have some questions regarding a PSU upgrade, primarily to provide more stable power for the peripherals I already have connected, but also to ensure that when I fit a RapidRoad, I don't experience issues you have previously highlighted with hot-plugging etc.

I am currently running the following:

A1200 1D4, recapped in 2018

CF2IDE Internal CF Adapter with 8Gb CF Card (OS 3.1.4.1, all Fast RAM patches and MMULib configured)

Indivision AGA Mk2 Cr

Blizzard 1260 with 128Mb Fast RAM

BiFrost Heimdall with caps lock mod

I will be adding one of Rob Cranley's Solas boards, which will provide internal case RGB lighting, temperature sensors and fan speed controls (in software), additional power connector for the Bifrost, plus a 3 way clockport expander. I would like to install the RapidRoad on to one of these ports. I will also be running fans to the blizzard and indivision to keep it all cool.

On top of that, I use some external peripherals that draw power - for example the Vidi Amiga digitiser, Technosound Turbo etc. And I intend to figure out a solution to install the Fast IDE adapter.

So, all in, there are a lot of extra power draws in there, which the standard PSU won't cope with.

Can you advise on the best PSU to ensure I am rock solid with all these peripherals installed, and which will protect the Rapidroad from damage as a result of hot-plugging?

I appreciate you are currently selling your own PSU, however I wanted to be sure this would be capable of running all this stuff.

Many thanks in advance,

AndrewC

HI Jens,

Thanks for coming back so quickly.

I am now using a Blizzard 1260, having previously used your excellent A1233n card, which I have since sold on (I was unaware this had functionality to boost IDE speed). I couldn't pass up the opportunity to move to the 060, however, having been offered one for a very good price by a friend. I'd consider adding the Blizzard SCSI module and SCSI2SD adapter, but I'd be looking at around €300 for that combination.

There is a Gayle adapter that can be added to the Amigakit board to boost speeds to 7Mb/s async amd 10mb/s sync respectively. It's considerably more cost effective than the SCSI route, so the issue really is whether or not it will fit with the indivision installed.

I appreciate you can't answer this question so I'll see if any users have posted in other forums about this, or reach out to Amigakit directly.

Thanks,

AndyC

HI there,

I'm looking to add one of these to boost my IDE speed:

(link removed - questionable content with dead links to downloadable software - Jens)

The card appears to occupy the same space as the Indivision and I'm not sure if it will be possible to have both cards installed without one interfering with the other.

Do you happen to have any guidance on how best to accommodate both cards inside an A1200 case?

Thanks in advance,

AndyC

Hi,

I am considering getting a Mk3 to replace my existing Mk2 Cr - I recall it being a very snug fit over the Lisa chip, and I am a bit worried about removing the existing card and causing damage, either to the Indivision board or the motherboard itself.

Are there any hints and tips on the best way to remove this?

Many thanks in advance,

A.