Posts by atrain01us

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi,

I have the same issue as the original poster except I am running kickstart 3.1, os3.14, and a Picasso IV on an Amiga 2000. My install is a fresh install as well. The Picasso IV board is detected thought the install process and no other boards were selected.. Other than selecteing 'intermediate mode' at the start of the install process, i took all the defaults.

I am getting the following error when the computer is booting up below:

'Could not create 'graphics board content' for Picasso IV.

How do I completely un-install the v3.3 software install so I can download and try the older versions of P96 until I find one that resolves the original issue? I may start with v2.1b and go from there since it seems to work well.

Thanks,

Atrain01us

Hi,

Late-nite goofy alert: I resolved the situation .i did download the correct fiel in adf format from your website but for some reason, I kept running an adf file of the software found on the internet that did not include the bonus files that included the install of the fat95 files. The amiga now correctly recognizes the 1gig usb fat-formatted drive. I tried a 16gig drive as well but the 1gig drive was the only one to show on the desktop.

I expected to see the contents of the drive to be displayed on the desktop once I clicked on the usb icon but nothing showed. I had to go into Directory Opus to see the contents of the usb drive so yet another mystery to resolve.

Thanks for your help with this issue. I am moving to the next issue: errors with the latest version(V3.3) of the p96 software for my Picasso IV video card.

Thanks again,

Atrain01us.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses and suggestions so far.

Th X-Surf is working great as it getting an IP address via the AmiTCP software that is installed..

The Rapidroad module's white light is on as well. It looks like the Posideon software is having the issue. I downloaded the v4.5 software in .adf format and installed it, then tested the install with a 16gb flash drive formatted as fat32 and ntfs.

In both tests, here is what the log file shows below:

Media is FAT formatted

Loading filesystem l:fat95 from rdb failed. Trying DOSLoaded filesystem L:fat95 via DOS!Co

Couldn t find load filesystem for usbscsi.device unit 0 as UMSD:

(Possibly no FAT95 installed? Please check!)

Media does not seem to be FAT or NTFS formatted.

Please keep in mind that that I don't have any web browser installed at the moment in order to search for this missing file as it looks like it was not included in the adf version of the posideon software. I have also searched for any browser software that I can download in adf format to install, then i can look for the missing file on( Aminet?) that hopefully would resolve this issue.

I am open to try any and all other ways to get and install this missing file and get my A2000 online.

Hopefully this file is the missing piece of the puzzle that will resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions to help me resolve this.

Side note: Until I can get the A2000 online, I am only able to download and install adf versions of

software.

Atrain01us

Hi all,

Here's the latest results of my testing and troubleshooting to get the usb ports up and running on my A2000:

I reformatted a 16 gb usb drive as fat32 and as an ntfs drive. In each instance:

the drive is recognized and displayed.

In the Poseidon software under 'usb controllers', the following info is displayed when I added the rapidroadcpusb.device: unit = 0

Online = No

Product = unknown until online

In the message log, the message for massstorgae.class says: 'Media does not seem to be FAT or NTFS formatted'.

Under 'configuration management', the usb flash driveCurzer Glise' is detected successfully'

If I click on the 'Restart' button in the message log, I still get the 'Media does not seem to be FAT or NTFS formatted'. error message.

I'd love to be able to upload the log but as I am unable to get online with the A2000, I'm saving the log file so I can respond to any questions about what's happening.

.Here's hoping someone can respond to this and point me in the direction of possible solutions

so I can finish getting my A2000 online into the 21st century. I can the be able to download install all of the software I need to be able to cruise the internet with my favorite platform and be productive.with it again.

Something I just thought about:

Is there a specific manufacture and model usb drive that will work in this situation?

Does the flash drive have to be a specific size to work in this situation?

Just some thoughts, hoping someone has some answers to help me resolve this situation.

Thanks,

Arthur

Hi,

I used Windows 10 to format the usb stick. What is the best OS to do the format with and what is the best format for the usb stiock? If I can get the usb ports working, i can use the usb stick to bring over all the lha files that i need to get the Amiga on the internet and into the 21st century.

I downloaded the .adf version of the Posideon software for the install as i currently don't have anyuthing to open and install the .lha software versions.

Thanks in advance for all help so far. looking forward to resolving this issue, completing the setup of my A2000 and using it again.

Arthur

Hi,

I am getting error messages trying to set up the Rapidroad(latest version) usb module. The module recognizes the ntfs formatted usb drive that is plugged in but gerneratesthe following error messages below:

'error - masstorage class - couldn't find/load filesystemj for usbscsi.device unit 0 as UMSD'

'error - masstorage.class - (Possibly no FAT95 installed?, Please check!)''

I have screenshots of the issue but they are too big to be uploaded.

Thanks for any help in advanced.

Arthur

Hi,
    I am having the following issue with the latest version of the P96 software:

I downloaded the adf file from your website, un-packed it, and then used my gotek to try to install it on my A2000. However when I click on the P96 icon, it opens up and is empty yet says that it is 69% full. I have a screenshot available but it is too big to attach for upload.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Arthur

Hi,

I just opened up the picasso96 software in adf format and there was nothing in the opened window to click on. I would attach a screenshot of the opened file but the screenshot file is 4mb in size

At the top of the opened screen it says 'picasso96 59% full, 362kb free, 517kb in use'.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hi all,

I finally received my x-surf-100 and rapidroad usb module that i am installing into my Amiga A2000. I've looked over the included documentation for both and have the following questions regarding installation in the A2000:

1) With the usb module connected to the x-surf-100, do I need to do anything with the ground wire and ribbon cable that came with the usb module other than downloading and installing the drive software that came with the x-surf-100 and the usb module?

2) For the x-100, I need to download either AmiTCP or Genesis tcp stacks in order to use the supplied configuration files that come the driver software for the X-100?

3) Will the tcp stack software Roadshow work with the x-surf-100?

4) For the x-100, is it best to install the x-surf-100 first then connect and install the usb module?

5) Finally, I currently can download the needed software to my windows 10 laptop but have no way to get the software over to the A2000 for installation as I have not been able to find

.adf versions of the following software as described in the documentation of the x-100 and the usb module:

X-surf-100 driver install package, specifically the x-surf-100.device040 driver as I have a PP&S 68040 accelerator card installed.

If anyone can help me out with this, please let me know. All suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks,