Posts by Jon Robertson

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

The ACA2000 won't fulfill this requirement, as no A1200 supports DMA. As a result, the ACA2000 won't be able to pass DMA accesses from the 86-pin slot to the A1200 accelerator's memory.

Do you mean no A2000 supports DMA?

I thought accelerators for an A2000 had memory on the accelerator board. I'm fairly new to Amiga hardware, so I may be confused. I almost bought a Microbotics VXL-30 on eBay. But I didn't because it didn't include a VXL RAM-32 expansion and I read that there would be very little performance benefit since the accelerator could only access memory via the slower bus.

I recently purchased my first Amiga 2000. I would be very interested in purchasing the ACA2000 once it becomes available.

Actually, it is an Amiga 2000HD with the 2091 SCSI card and a 4GB HD. I mention that because any accelerator that I buy would need to be happy in the same machine as the 2091.

Thanks!

My apologies, I expected to find an answer online but I haven't been able to.

Although the C64 was my primary computer from 1982 to 1990, and still my favorite of all time, I never got into the hardware specifics. Can someone clarify the difference between a "64 -cycle" and a "65-cycle" C64? I found one forum that said it was a difference in the VIC-II chips, and that "6567R8 and newer, like the 8562" would work.

Is that accurate? Are there breadbin C64s (pre-C64C) that would work with the TC V2?

Thanks