Posts by DiegoZan

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

On another note...

Would you part with that chip? It's missing in my collection, and it's certainly not properly covered in any emulation. I'd like to do some measurements and preserve the knowledge in our Wiki. I tried to arrange such a sale with someone from Argentina who visited the X-Party (2018 or 2016, can't remember), but the guy never got back to me. Would be great if we can arrange something - when shipping is possible again, that is :-)

Sure, I've got more than one (they are not so hard to find here).
    Once the things are back to normal (or sort of...) I'll be glad to send it.

Well, as it turned out, the file thing, with the software thing on a computer thing was * A M A Z I N G *
    Sorry for the awful picture but I wanted to show it working and now here it's almost midnight too...

Everything worked as expected and until now I didn't find any issues at all, but this weekend there's gonna be a marathon of games and if anything happens I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot (a big fat LOT) for all the effort.

Best regards and have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for following up this.

Result is 23 both with the drive emulation turned on or off.

After you mentioned this test, I searched and founded this on a page (https://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~schepers/MJK/dnp.html)

/CLK -> "1" : POKE 56576, PEEK (56576) OR 16

PRINT PEEK (56576) AND 64

/CLK -> "0" : POKE 56576, PEEK (56576) AND 239

PRINT PEEK (56576) AND 64

If the "1" POKE results in "0" and the "0" POKE results in "64", the /CLK line is ok.

/DATA -> "1" : POKE 56576, PEEK (56576) OR 32

PRINT PEEK (56576) AND 128

/DATA -> "0" : POKE 56576, PEEK (56576) AND 223

PRINT PEEK (56576) AND 128

If the "1" POKE results in "0" and the "0" POKE results in "128", the /DATA line is ok.

If either the /CLK or /DATA line is invalid, your CIA does not recognize logical bus levels correctly; replace it.

The first 3 tests are ok but the result for the last one is "0" instead of "128".

Then, I tested the same directly in the C64 and all of them were ok. Just the ?peek(56576) with the computer just turned on (and with no drive connected, as I don't have one) resulted in "151".

So it look as there is a "broken CIA" in the cartridge...

Another thing I noticed was that when not using the Cartridge, if I try LOAD"*",8 I get a "Device not present" message, but with the cartridge, even with the emulated drive disabled, I get stuck at "Searching for *".

So that should be more evidence that one of the emulated CIAs is broken.

Broken CIA means bad CPLD?

This is probably a silly question, but is there a possibility of using the cartridge just as a disk drive and not emulating the whole computer, thus using the hardware CIAs?

Thank you.

Maybe you can set the "VGA Debug Overlay" in options/VGA settings to "mem+cpu+drive1" and see if the emulated drive is actually running any code. Not direct a solution, but might give some more info what is going wrong here.

Ok, I tried that. I'm not sure what I should see here as I never used it before.

The second line, which I assume is the Drive info, shows a series of quickly changing numbers for all registers (PC, IR, A, X, Y, S) and at the end the numbers 1/1 01. Nothing changes when I use the LOAD command from BASIC.

@DiegoZan In cartridge mode did you have the cable-loom (the one with the keyboard, mouse and IEC) connected? If you did, try cartridge mode without the cable to see if it is the cable that is faulty. If it doesn't work in cartridge WITHOUT the cable attached, the problem is most likely in hardware of the Chameleon itself.

When running in cartridge mode I do NOT use the cable at all.

I'd hate that, as returning the unit from Argentina and back will be a pain, expensive and may take months (worked on COVID-19 shipping exclusions in the shop system for over 2.5 hours this morning).

Don't worry, I will not ask for that at this time!
    I had the cartridge for so long not being able to use it that a few more months won't change much...
    If this can't be solved remotely, I will keep playing single file games for the moment.

It is V1.

I have had it for a long time but I was unable to use it before because my PAL C64 had a 6572 VICII (Argentina) which didn't work with the TC64.
    I did use it for a while in standalone mode and I don't remember problems, but after an update I am sure it wasn't working anymore.
    I didn't pay much attention, as I started to use an SD2IEC on my C64.

But recently I received a 6569 VICII and wanted to use the TC64 and came back with the issue.

By the way, my C64 is running with a C64 Reloded motherboard.

Thank you.

Thank you Tobias.

Yes, all default settings except for enabling drive 1 with ID 8.
    No luck with the Retro Replay, though. Using @ just hangs until Run/Stop+Restore.

I tried loading a 1541 ROM from the File menu, just in case, but it didn't help either.

Hello, Tobias.
    I did the reflashing. Initially I had updated the TC64 directly from the card, so this time I did the reflashing from Windows. Everything worked well.

But the test results are the same:

- Mounted .d64 image
    - Go to BASIC
    - LOAD"$",8
    - SEARCHING FOR $

- Nothing else happens

I do not have any external drives connected.

This happens in stand alone mode as well as connected to a C64 and with different .D64 images, even one created directly from TC64.

Am I missing anything?

Hello.

I have a TC64 with latest firmware connected to a real C64.
    I'm having problems with mounted images.
    I can mount a D64 image but when I'm back to BASIC, if I try to load a program using LOAD"$",8 or LOAD"*",8 it shows the SEARCHING FOR... message and does nothing else. It just stays there until I reset or press RUN/STOP+RESTORE.

I can load games directly from the file browser (on the same D64 image) and they work, unless they require to load anything from the disk. In that case, the game will still there forever. That means that I can only play single-file games.
    I though that it could be a CIA problem (as I had the same problem years ago with a C64+1541) but tried to replace them without luck.
    Eventually I had the chance to test the cartridge in standalone mode and I had the same problem.
    My settings for Drive:
    Emu Drive 1 Device ID 8
    Drive 1 write protect off

Emu Drive 2 Device ID off
    Drive 2 write protect off
    Update mounted images always
    IEC bus connection normal (internal)

Real C64 IEC bus on (also tried this setting off)

Is there something I'm doing wrong with or is it a cartridge problem?

Thank you.