Posts by Jens

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

The RR cable MUST NOT be any longer than the one included - this is required to ensure signal quality. I know that one reseller offers longer cables, but those are "use at your own risk" modifications. The clock port interface is really delicate, requires a short cable and the added ground cable to be mounted.

I'll see if I can snap a picture and put these cables into the shop as spare parts.

The clock port on the A512 is really only for the RTC module; there is nothing else that works on that port. Besides, the Poseidon USB stack requries a 68020 (or higher) processor and more memory than the average A500 has. Adding that requries the ACA500plus and an A1200 accelerator attached to that. The ACA500plus has a clock port on it's own where you can connect the RR.

Jens

P.S: Product added to the shop: https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en…uct/clock-port-cable.html

You cannot set up scaling, as Indivision AGA MK2cr is not a scaler. It is a frame buffer with built-in flicker fixer.

If you use a CRT monitor, please make sure to switch off DVI signals, as those may interfere with the analogue output with certain DVI-I->VGA adaopters. Some (very cheap) adapters do not properly terminate the DVI signals, causing vertical stripes in the picture.

For each input mode (Amiga screen mode) you can select/edit a VGA output mode with the config tool. If you want to use such a big overscan area, you will need to configure an output mode with sufficient screen size and output clock rate first, then assign it to the SHires-PAL mode that you'd like to use as "source".

While your on-board crystal is NTSC, the flicker fixer does not care. It will generate a multiple of that clock rate for the output and not look at the actual NTSC or PAL encoding. Luckily, Lisa presents the pixel data "in clear text" at the output pins where Indivision grabs the picture data, so it's perfectly fine to choose a PAL mode on an NTSC board.

You might want to try HighGFX before you fiddle with your own output. This produces a good aspect ratio - definitely better than the aspect ratio you're planning.

Jens

Hello when I put my ACA 1233 card in my Amiga 1200 I have a black screen how can I repare that thanks

Just follow the hints in the manual: Please pull back the card by 1mm and try again. Some A1200 boards do not have a chamfered board edge on the 150-pin connector, which is why this has been a "standard" way to get an A1200 accelerator to work - not just ours, but all other accelerators as well.

Jens

Chip regocnition is a different topic; the last changes to the MCU code (which can be updated through USB using the Windows-Tool from the Wiki) were all related to chip recognition, especially for the older revisions. Please make sure that you're running the latest MCU code, and also make sure that your power supply outputs exactly 12V (to be on the safe side, it can be up to 12.2V). If the voltage is any lower, the recognition may fail and revert to a "safe" voltage in order to protect the precious VIC-II chip.

Jens

For starters, please only remove E123C and E125C. Removal of E121C and E122C is only required in very few cases and should not be done in a single step.

Should you not be able to gain full stability of your A1200 main board with an accelerator (of any brand, that is!) by removing E123C and E125C, you should start by removing E121C, and leave E122C in place, then do extended tests. One very good test for stability is the AIBB "TGtest" where lots of blitter activity is interleaved with CPU register accesses.

For any modification you are planning to do, the prime directive should be "never change a running system". Only remove components if you really find an instability. It is unlikely that your ACA1233n requires board modifications at all.

Jens

I've been in e-mail contact with at least one person in august, and this has not been forgotten (tomxp411, that might have been you). I yet have to reproduce the problem here, as I currently believe it to be an edge case that can be fixed with a singla resistor value change.

I confirm that cases like this will be handled under warranty.

Jens

Indivision ECS V2 is in the works - we've had a developer meeting just yesterday. We plan to go into production in the second half of september, so new units will be back in late october/november. Definitely before Xmas :-)

Jens

(moved this thread into the English area - please make sure to select the right part of the forum!)

I think I read in the terms of service that I can't promote my software program here.

The terms of service are written by a lawyer who knows very little about the Retro community. Rest assured that mentioning your software and a source where people can buy it will not be treated as a violation. We're part of the retro community, and support for other developers should be taken for granted. I guess (because I can't look inside the weird brain of a lawyer) the idea behind "no advertising" is to keep spammers out and to disallow direct competition in this commercially-run forum.

P.S. I thought the TC-64 emulates a GeoRAM as well (I thought I saw that it did). So if it does, has it been tested to work in turbo mode? I suppose that might be good to know (for me).

Yes, GeoRAM is supported. You can switch it on and choose it's size in the settings, and even enable it at the same time as REU, creating a setup where you have access to 20MB additional RAM (max size of GeoRAM is 4MBytes).

There are other software-compatible implementations such as "NeoRAM" and due to the low price, the German company "Rex Datentechnik" has sold quite a few 512k units back in the days (I think this was under the real name "GeoRAM").

As for turbo compatibility, I would not expect any problems because it's way less complex than the REU.

Jens