ACA1233n problems

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Please understand that we can't do anything about the service that you get from a reseller. We've given a margin to the reseller so he can take care of customers with the money made. If they don't do that service, you should re-consider if that reseller can be your partner for your next purchase. However, since we've made LESS than on a direct purchase, please understand that we can't invest any extra time into going after our resellers.

If you've paid with PayPal, just open a dispute there.

• The "bottom left" and "top right" pin of the unpopulated oscillator place for the FPU are a good place for measuring the supply voltage. It should be 5V.

Since your card has been tested successfully here, you may need to dig deeper; you may have a ground loop or some other grounding problem with your computer. Try to remove most of the connections you have with your computer, especially Audio connections, as these are most prone to ground loops.

Is the wiring in your house 2-wire or 3-wire (with separate ground)? And what about the PSU, is that grounded? Do you have EMI sources such as a mobile phone or a wireless router near the computer(s)?

Hello again,

I'm still working on this one.

To eliminate external problems with electricity, psu, EMI sorces and such I have sent the aca to an elite amiga user with much more knowledge about electronics and he has tested the card with 3 different Amiga 1200 and has 5 volt on the aca card and he gets the same issues with the aca1233n with all three amigas. I have attached a screenshot of a memorytest.

He is planning to do more tests but there must be something wrong with the card that didn't show when you tested it. Maybe a bad connection somewhere on the card. I'll get back with more information when he's made more tests.

• After more testing, we can't get the Aca to work properly on any of our a1200. There must be something wrong with the card. If we lift the card some in the back side it works for a short while. What have you used to test the card?

• We are using A1200s in the shop. They all have pretty worn-out CPU slots, so if there would be something flaky with the connectors, it would definitely show on these computers. Further, the memory test result you've shown in your other post does not relate to the CPU slot connector at all, as Fastmem access is happening completely local on the card.

Please send it to us for service - if you're outside Europe, please be sure to include the original invoice and declare it as "return goods", so customs won't give us a hard time.

• I'm wondering how it is going with the ACA-card.

It came to you in the middle of August.

thanks for pushing - that came just after our holidays and somehow slipped through our incoming-checks. We have now opened the parcel and did all the paperwork; I expect the card to be checked over the course of the week.

• Just for your information. I got a new ACA1233n from my brother, Conny, that he bought from you. It works perfectly on my A1200 and I hope you'll find whats wrong with the other one I sent to you.

Best,

Bent

• On closer inspection, the connector is mechanically damaged. I can try to take a picture of it later - please double check that the edges of your A1200 CPU clot are beveled - this normally only happens only on un-chamfered edges. They do exist on some A1200s, but they're rare.

• Ok, thank you. Since my ACA1233n-55 is working fine on my A1200 I don't dare to remove it. We tried the ACA1233n on several A1200's and ACA500plus and I'll tell my fellow amiga-users to check their cpu-clot.

I plan to use this ACA with my ACA500plus.

Tank you for your help!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.