ACA 500 Plus - CF AUX slot does not like SD cards via adapter, but Boot slot does?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • We did have trouble with the German provider freenet.de that just blocked all servers of the server park we have our servers in. They did unblock our IP addresses now, and freenet.de addresses seem to work now.

However, there's others that just block us for no reason. It seems to be a desperate attempt to reduce spam by only whitelisting the big ones, but it effectively results in blocking the larger part of the internet.

If you have trouble receiving our e-mails, turn to your eMail provider. Our servers are configured properly, they have never ever sent any spam, and they are not listed in dnsbl. We use all domain authentication schemes that are common, so there's really no reason to block icomp.de.

If your eMail provider is blocking us, he is most likely also blocking more legit sources. I strongly advise to switch to a provider that gives you access to all of the internet, not a selection that you have no control over.

• My email provider is me, I have no blocking whatsoever and accept anything that goes to one of the domains I have assigned to it. I receive mail from other hosts, and a while after commenting here as "jammi-", I finally got a password change email from you, but I haven't got the account verification email.

• Just send me an eMail with the user name that I should check in the shop system. The verification eMail of this forum appears to have worked fine, so we only need to look after your shop account.

• Hello,

I've bought exactly the same adapter ("gold" delock) but...it seems it doesn't work in my case.

When I install in CFAUX slot card is not mounted and power LED on Amiga is flashing.

Question to Jens: what doesn't mean? (LED flashing)

Greetings, M

PS. CFAUX works OK when I'm using cheap "red" adapter.

• Please understand that I'm not going to investigate this, unless a clear violation of the CF standard on my side is the cause. So far, we only have a single type of CF card that doesn't work in the ACA500plus, and that's using the questionable innodisk chip.

• Hello,

Thank for answer.

Personally I don't expect that every possible CF adapter should work with aca500plus but I'm wondering what that "constant flashing LED" means?

If it doesn't work with aca500plus it is not a problem for me I just return to the seller.

Greetings, M

Please understand that I'm not going to investigate this, unless a clear violation of the CF standard on my side is the cause. So far, we only have a single type of CF card that doesn't work in the ACA500plus, and that's using the questionable innodisk chip.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.