Solder-Jumper

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Sorry, but I'm launching another thread, as I don't get any answer on the original one...

Could you please tell me how to physically locate the solder jumper on the Lyra 3 boardfor Amiga 1200: I would like to use an Amiga 3000 keyboard on my Amiga 1200, but it is not recognized with the Lyra (it is with my old Atéo Concepts interface).

• Please don't do that, we don't need the extra noise in the forum. Keep in mind icomp is in holiday mode (until 9th of august) as noted on the shop news page. So little patience please... not everybody is available at the moment to answer your questions. Thanx

• We are way after August 9th, and still no response... almost two months since I purchased this product, and impossible to get a simple response from support. Anyway, I’ve found a secondhand Atéo interface which works perfectly, so I’m giving up with Lyra interface...

• We are way after August 9th, and still no response... almost two months since I purchased this product, and impossible to get a simple response from support. Anyway, I’ve found a secondhand Atéo interface which works perfectly, so I’m giving up with Lyra interface...

maybe you should have given Indiv.Comp. the benefit of the doubt and realize they might have missed your post while on vacation? Instead of bashing, a friendly reminder would have been a bit more constructive.

• Wasn't this resolved via eMail already? I mean, locating a solder-jumper in the well-described position is not all that hard. Ther's only one, and with the eMail conversation we've already had, I have a feeling that you want to make a fool out of us. That's not what a support forum is for.

I have attached a picture here. Let's play a game: What solder positions do not belong to a component? Could those be the solder jumper?

• Wasn't this resolved via eMail already? I mean, locating a solder-jumper in the well-described position is not all that hard. Ther's only one, and with the eMail conversation we've already had, I have a feeling that you want to make a fool out of us. That's not what a support forum is for.

I have attached a picture here. Let's play a game: What solder positions do not belong to a component? Could those be the solder jumper?

I'm sorry to say that we never exchanged any email. So, maybe you had a similar conversation with someone else about the same issue, but sorry, it was not me… Maybe it gives a clue regarding the triviality of the question. Seriously, what would I gain in making a fool out of you??

So, let's play your game: I know that I'm just a stupid customer who cannot understand the beauty of your design, but I'm still seeing two locations which could have been the famous jumper… both locations are underneath a component, and thus doesn't directly belong to any components I can see on the other side. The one in the top right location (near the letter "d" of "icomp.de") is under the microcontroller, and the one near the letter "K" of the word "back" is under the connector. So, how can I guess which one is to be used?

The first time that someone "answered" my question on this forum, in the other post, it was to send a response which was out of the scope of my question, and when I asked for more information, a got no response. I asked again a few days later, and the only answer I received was "hey, we are in vacation, can't you read that on our store??". No, sorry, I purchased the product somewhere else, so I never went to your store, and thus I had no information about your vacation. Anyway, I waited again, in order to avoid flooding the forum with the same question again and again, even if the response was a little bit frustrating… but nothing. I did exactly what you wanted me to do: waiting without posting. And because I received no response for a long time, I decided to let you know that it was not an issue anymore. Seriously, look at the tone of all of your responses since the beginning, this is really frustrating for someone who purchased your product, only received a sparse documentation with almost no information other than "for the rest, check out our website at XXXX" with a expired URL. And now the responses are "you should have posted a friendly reminder, angry nasty boy", and "look closer, stupid customer".

OK, fine, sorry for not being as smart as you guys, my bad.

• both locations are underneath a component, and thus doesn't directly belong to any components I can see on the other side.

...which is exactly the criterion you're looking for.

and the one near the letter "K" of the word "back" is under the connector. So, how can I guess which one is to be used?

That one is already closed. Closing it again will not make a big difference. Leaving just a single location. I truly believe that this is trivial, and after the product is on the market for almost a year, it was really a coincidence to have one e-Mail support question and a day later that same question, even very similar wording here in the forum. And no, I don't believe that something that was clear for a long time all of a sudden becomes complicated for two people.

No, sorry, I purchased the product somewhere else

Then please turn to that source for your first level of support. It's the obligation of the reseller to provide first-level help. Only if the Wiki and the manual don't help, the reseller turns to us, and we make a decision if we take over the case.

We've taken over other cases where the reseller actually refused help, and if that happens too often, we'll take steps to make sure that either the reseller will help customers in the future, or make sure to choose a different reseller who will provide help (AKA de-list our products from that reseller).

As for your impression of being treated badly - please note that you're writing from the protection of anonymity - we do allow posting on this forum for non-registered users like you, and you can complain as loud as you want to here - as long as you stay factual. You'll be taken more seriously if you create a login and provide the warranty ID of your unit. Also, with a login, we'll be able to back-track previous posts and see what has gone wrong in the past - such as your claim "no answer in a different thread" - please provide a link to that.

• That one is already closed. Closing it again will not make a big difference. Leaving just a single location. I truly believe that this is trivial, and after the product is on the market for almost a year, it was really a coincidence to have one e-Mail support question and a day later that same question, even very similar wording here in the forum. And no, I don't believe that something that was clear for a long time all of a sudden becomes complicated for two people.

Regarding the seller, I haven't contacted them as I stupidly thought that it would have been easier to directly ask to the people who created the product.

Regarding the locations, one is closed on your picture indeed. But let's take a look at mine:

The one which is closed on yours, seems to be opened on mine…

so now, I'm left with two potential locations.

I was not aware about how much time this version of your product has been on the market, but i get your words on this. But one year is not that much you know… I'm also selling products (software in my case), and sometimes, issues are notified by my customers months after an update, and in some cases by multiple people in a short period of time… it happens, even if you think otherwise.

About the other thread, this is the one I opened with the same pseudo: Lyra 3 for Amiga 1200 documentation

• The one which is closed on yours, seems to be opened on mine…

Your picture clearly shows that it's closed. It passes power to the keyboard. If it would be open, nothing would work at all. The trace is partially covered with blue solder-stop. The electrical connection however is given.

and sometimes, issues are notified by my customers months after an update

Luckily, you pointed out that there is no issue with this product. Now I'll leave it up to you to judge where the real issue is.

• Jens

Closed the thread.