I recently acquired an Amiga A1200. It was given to me with a (what the seller told me) brand new, never used, still sealed in the box, ACA1230 accelerator. I don't doubt that given how new it looks.
The Accelerator has an amigakit sticker on it with quality control passed from 7/1/11. The CPU is an MC68EC030RP25B There is 1 socket missing a chip, and the battery holder is missing a battery. I Can provide pictures. There is a Kick3.0 jumper spot, but the jumper is not set. The amiga 1200 is a rev 2B and has official kickstart 3.1
I am proficient at populating PCBs (including SMD, FPGA, etc. type of solder work under my microscope) so I decided to follow instructions I found online to try and see what timing fixes I can do to resolve this issue.
Attempt 1) Remove E123C and then E125C - no change (E121C and E122C were missing)
Attempt 2) Follow instructions found here (ianstedman.co.uk):
- populated E121C and E122C with 27pf
- replace E121R and E122R with the recommended ferrite beads
- E123R/E125R no change - 27R already fitted from factory
- E125C add 22pF cap - no change - RED blinking
- E123C add 22pF cap - no change - still blinking RED
At this point I don't know what else to try? Is it possible this ACA1230 accelerator is damaged?? Suggestions?