Indivision ECS V3 - HDMI

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • No, all Indivision ECS models, including the forthcoming V4, have VGA-out only. This is mainly for cost reasons, as both the flickerfixer and the monitor are considerably cheaper with VGA connections. Since you can hardly buy any new monitors with 4:3 or 5:4 screen size ratio any more, you will most likely get a monitor with VGA-in if you check the used market.

Remember that my declared goal is to keep the Amiga hobby affordable. This extends beyond the products I make, to the accessories you need to get for completing a system. The added cost wouldn't end at 40-50 EUR more for the HDMI-out, but would extend to the monitor, which instead of 20,- EUR for a used monitor would be 150-200 EUR for a new monitor that even has the wrong size ratio (mostly 16:9 these days), where you have a lot of unused screen space.

Jens

• OK thanks Jens. The Indivision AGA MK3 has HDMI so just wanted to double check.

Where I live, retro monitor are more expensive then modern monitors with HDMI.

Do you know if a VGA to HDMI converter will work on the Indivision ECS V3?

• Do you know if a VGA to HDMI converter will work on the Indivision ECS V3?

Yes, we have positive reports in this forum.

I would not call older flat panels with VGA inputs "retro monitors" - that's a whole different category where slower H/V-sync speeds are supported. And yes, that's generally more expensive than a HDMI TV.

Look for 2nd hand PC gear and monitor sizes up to 19 inch - these are traded for about one EUR per inch of screen size (NEC Multisync EI193MI appears to be the current hot-seller on eBay). To my knowledge, that type even supports the 50Hz V-Sync modes that Indivision ECS V3 outputs.

Jens

• Just as a heads up. The DELL E1715S can still be bought new. It's a 17 inch 5:4 monitor with VGA and Display port. I bought two of them and they work fine with Indivision ECS V3 with Vsync on in both PAL and NTSC. It also works excellent on my TC64V2s with VIC II sync enabled. All tested with it's VGA port.

• Do you know if a VGA to HDMI converter will work on the Indivision ECS V3?

Since I've the same problem, I bought a VGA->HDMI adapter on Amazon. ( FOINNEX VGA auf HDMI Adapter )

It still needs power via USB (I used a USB power supply). You can add audio from amiga. It works for my monitor (24" Lenovo).

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.