Joystick port sends constant up message

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I've just set up my Keyrah with my C64c and I've encountered a bit of an issue. I've found that when I try to use one of my DE9 joysticks in VICE that it constantly receives the up message as soon as I push in any direction apart from left. Is this a configuration issue on my part or is my Keyrah faulty?

• You need the last VICE release (3.8) and use the default positional keymap - else you will get all kinds of strange effects. do NOT use the "keyrah" keymap provided with VICE - this is for v2.

• OK, you might be seeing a general (not keyrah related) problem. If you can build it yourself, it might be worth trying the current development version (homebrew has a recipe for it).

• Really sounds like a VICE issue then :) If you have some sort of "controller test" in macOS (somewhere in the system settings?) it would be interesting to know if keyrah works in it (my guess would be that it does). In that case unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait for VICE to be fixed.

• Testing controllers on Apple can be done with "Games Controller Tester" or "Controllers Lite" from the official AppStore. This is an info from a friend who actually owns a Mac - I don't. He didn't check anything with in-app purchases or homebrew, so there may be more.

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.