Buddha Plus One & SATA SSD HDD

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Folks

Ive dropped my Plus One into an Amiga 4000d. The card seems to be working fine via Compact Flash. I thought Id hook up a large SATA drive via an IDE adaptor to IDE port one (with the jumper on JP2 open) and use that for a boot device. However, it doesnt work - the drive isnt recognised at all.

The SATA interface is independently powered, with an IDE cable running between the SATA-IDE interface and the Buddha.

Now, the drive is ok - Ive used it with an Elbox FastATA and its just fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Buddha?

• Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Buddha?

You're looking in the wrong place - the fault is most likely in the SATA adapter, which doesn't seem to be ATAX3T9-compliant. I actually haven't found any adapter that is, but there's a few reports out there about specific adapters being compatible. I don't endorse such reviews, though, as you never know what kind of adapter chip the next customer will be shipped.

Jens