A1200 membrane missing keys - A500 membrane OK

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

This is my first post here. Great product! I have two keyrahs for 2 new PiMigas I'm building.

I have run into a problem however after purchasing a new a1200 membrane, and using this against the a1200 flat ribbon connector. Things like the left shift key, the return key, and nearly all of the numeric keypad does not work. When I swap back to my old a500 membrance and circuit board, everything works ok (for a while).

My a500 keyboard circuit seems to freeze after a while, perhaps due to capacitors needing replacing... so i thought it would be better to run an a1200 membrane straight into the keyrah. Unfortunately, not so much luck. I have tried both keyrahs, and the behaviour is the same.

Do I need to configure the keyrah board to expect a 1200? or could this perhaps be the way the flat ribbon seats in the connector?

• It should work out of the box. There is a small chance that detecting the keyboard does not work - in that case try using jumpers to configure the keyboard type (see manual).

You might also want to clean the contact area of the flat cable (soft cloth and alcohol)

• If the return key doesn't work, but the upper row with QWER (below the number fow) does, then you most likely also don't have backspace, DEL, F10 and the 0-key on the numeric pad. In that case, the COL1 line is at fault: Check pin#28 of the A1200 connector.

If the main numbers-row doesn't work, then you probably also don't have cursor-up. In that case, check pin#2 of the A1200 connector.

Jens