ACA1234 Networking - Plipbox

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

Is there any way to set up a Plipbox with the Networking setup provided with the ACA1234? I don’t have a PCMIA Network adaptor and I would like to have the ability to download from Aminet FTP instead of transferring files manually. Thanks!

• I got ACA1233n and i use roadshow. They got many net interfaces fot plipbox too. For Aminet downloading try imp3 is fantastic program, you can chat, play games and demos from server even streaming mp3s and many more, they got full Aminet, internet Archives, WHDload and Podcasts!

• I got ACA1233n and i use roadshow. They got many net interfaces fot plipbox too. For Aminet downloading try imp3 is fantastic program, you can chat, play games and demos from server even streaming mp3s and many more, they got full Aminet, internet Archives, WHDload and Podcasts!

Thanks for sharing! The network setup that is included with the ACA1234 is so convenient. I used the similar setup for my Amiga 500 with ACA500plus, but I also purchased the network adaptor that as meant for that hardware.

I can try Roadshow sometime.

• Add network interfaces in AmiTCP:db/interfaces. Nothing should limit our network setup from using Plipbox or other interfaces. If it doesn't show up automatically in the Advanced Settings, INTERFACE can also be specified in the icon tooltypes.

• Add network interfaces in AmiTCP:db/interfaces. Nothing should limit our network setup from using Plipbox or other interfaces. If it doesn't show up automatically in the Advanced Settings, INTERFACE can also be specified in the icon tooltypes.

Thanks, I will try that. Is there any documentation for the Networking software in the wiki? I couldn’t find anything. Thanks!

• We've "only" licensed AmiTCP for this installation disk, and since documenting a whole TCP/IP stack is out of the scope of our support (especially because it's not our own product), you might want to check for AmiTCP documentation online.

Jens

• But we do have this particular information in our package:

AmiTCP:doc/Interfaces.txt

Thanks Timm, but I decided to pulverize the plipbox that I purchased some time ago. It was a pain anyway as it blocked the serial port for my wifimodem.

It’s easy enough to transfer files with a new SD card PCMIA adaptor I purchased.