Optimal Placement of ACATool Line in AmigaBootSelector Startup-Sequence

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, I would like to inquire about whether it's better to have the ACATool line in the Startup-Sequence before the boot selector or in the startup sequence files loaded from it?

• Similarly, in the case of a single startup sequence, it's obvious, besides, I save myself there anyway. However, my question concerns ABS from Gibs, where I may have several different systems and need different ROMs for each of its internal startup sequences.

http://ohmygibs.free.fr/ohmygibs/Amiga_Boot_Selector.html

• Different systems in need of different ROMs still can't fully work, as ACAtool cannot remove a current MapROM-file, so changing configs always needs a power cycle. If Acatool MAPROM, combined with ROMFILE encounters an already-set MapROM bit, it'll return 5 (Warning). You could of course do some more elaboraate scripting to pass that warning to the user - if that's worth it to you...

Jens

• Ok, so in this situation, it's better to upload the rom after the system has booted, because if I set one firmly in ABS Startup-sequence, it will not be overwritten. Currently I am using 2 SD cards, one from 3.1 and one from 3.2.2 and in 3.2.2 there is a problem that the system forced me, with the help of guru, to install MMU libs which have an adverse effect on the operation of Ide Speeder, so I will probably stay with 3.1, the game is not worth the candle if Doom would load slower :D

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.