Help with 20th anniversary edition

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I recently acquired a 20th anniversary edition for my 4000.

Specs are bfg9060, 3.2 kick.64gb SanDisk

It still has install dongle on the second port. My 64gb SanDisk boots from MB IDE but if I plug it into the Buddha I get insert WB screen every time.

Can you advise on troubleshooting?

Thanks

Rony

• Sounds like the CF card adapter is not getting power - an unpowered CF card may drag down the whole bus and even make the install DOM "invisible".

Jens

• My real purpose is just to get CDrom working as I can't get a CD inline with CF card to work on motherboard.

I setup CF card to boot from motherboard, then I tried to install BFlashTool.lha from workbench but it says controller not found.

is there another way to get the card recognized?

• What version exactly is this? Could it be the very first one from 2018 that didn't get the CPLD update yet?

Take a picture of the card and upload if you're not sure. The Warranty ID may also help, but not really fast - the database server is already shut down until next year. I can help faster if you post a picture and let me know the date when it was originally purchased.

Jens

• 6T3QL was not delivered officially. This was either a test unit that has not been paid for, or it's a stolen unit.

Please understand that we have to stop support here. Please send us the personal data of the seller through eMail and/or DM, so we can find out what path the unit has taken since January 18th, 2018 (when it was last seen by our system), and if the sale was legit. We may or may not be talking about iComp property.

Jens

• Its me who bought the Buddha from you Jens. Nothing stolen. The Buddha also works perfectly. At least it did in my A2000. I sold it to Rms68-2 Nov 2023. Until then the card was always in my hobby room!

"Ihre Bestellung 32438 bei icomp.de" (Thu, Dec 28, 2017, 5:26 PM)

ps. you are basically saying that you sold me a test unit?

• That order ID belongs to invoice RG17-2932, and our documentation shows that you got warranty ID 9T3dF. It's photo documenttion in conjunction with scale data - there is no way a different unit ended up in your parcel. So no, the warranty ID in question is not the one that we've shipped to you with that order ID.

Judging from the date, you should have gotten the JTAG update cable and floppy a few weeks later, as deliveries of the controller only started in 2018, and the first controllers had to get a CPLD update in order to work with certain CD ROM drives (the quoted order ID was shipped on January 29th, 2018).

Jens

P.S: Photo/Shipping documentation sent to you via eMail.

• I believe I got the cable at the time - cant tell for sure anymore. At least I see an email to you from the time, that I still have not received one yet. So might never got one since that email to you was in September 2018.

Sadly I did not take a picture from the other side of the Buddha before I sold it but that is the only Buddha I ever owned. It's a bit annoying that I'm being blamed for selling a stolen unit.

• It's a bit annoying that I'm being blamed for selling a stolen unit.

The shipping documentation clearly shows that you did not get the unit that the OP is asking for, so you're out in my view. You are not the seller of unit# 6T3QL and the OP mentioned above that the Amibay seller does not recall when the unit was purchased. You clearly do, which is enough of a reason for me to believe that we're talking about two separate units. Unit 9T3dF is marked as "up to date" in terms of CPLD/IDE timing (likely due to the cable being shipped out), so the only shortcoming it has is that it won't work if you invoke the 2630 CPU selection menu (that was fixed a few years later).

Regarding the cable, I can see that two units were sent to your address: One on May 11th, 2018 (as a letter without tracking, white envelope, blue disk, 3.70 EUR postage) and another on December 31st (shipped January 4th, 2019) with RG18-3569, which surely has arrived (order ID 49066, which was sent with tracking). I remember we scrambled to find working floppy disks for the update software - I even made two separate versions of the floppy that used different tracks - that way I could use disks with defective tracks. What a nightmare! And with that second cable, I've only shipped the cable, but not the floppy as I simply didn't have any. Didn't check eMails, but I'd expect that I checked with you if you have a transfer method for the ADF that can be found in the Wiki.

So again, I am not saying you've sold a stolen unit, as the evidence shows that you got a totally different one. As it stands right now, I'm only refusing to provide support for unit # 6T3QL, as that was never paid for. I suggest to not send it to us for service, as we'd keep it until it's paid for,

Jens