Internal IDE (CF to IDE adaptor) not recognised any more after booting from ACA1234 CF

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I have the following issue after I stared using the CF controller on the ACA1234.

Steps I did to boot from the ACA1234

- Added a 256Gb card to a MicroSd->CF card and put it in the CF reader from the ACA1234

- removed the CF card from the internal IDE to prevent that I am going to crash it
    - Rebooted and installed via ACA set the MicroSd so a 100 gig partition was created and mounted and a empty disk ( I did not install workbench)
    - Rebooted and copied all workbench files to the empty disk from the ACA.

( on this moment the Amiga still mounted internal IDE and ACA drives)
    - turned off use INTERNAL IDE via ACA tool to boot from ACA disk.
    - The amiga boots from the ACA disk and uses my complete old workbench configuration

The strange thing is that I can't see my internal IDE/Disk anymore.

What can I do to prevent my Amiga to boot from the internal IDE when I check the USE INTERNAL ID box in the ACATOOL?

My best guess now is that the complete IDE controller is not active anymore because I unchecked it.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

Best Pascal.

• - turned off use INTERNAL IDE via ACA tool to boot from ACA disk.

That's your reason. If you tell the computer to not use the internal IDE, it's not going to use the internal IDE. It is meant for cases where nothing is connected there.

If you want to change the boot priorities, you don't do that with ACAtool, but with HDToolbox. Click on the partition in question, then on "advanced", then lower the priority to a negative value, or make it non-bootable.

Jens