Accessing the MK2 from an Amiga?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • My Amiga 1200 with a Rapid Road USB module is next to my MK2 C64 so I thought why not.

The Rapid Road itself works with USB sticks and I can access the MK2 menu from Linux.

Trident 4.5 detects the MK2 as serialpl2303.device unit 0, which I then select in Term 4.8. Term is setup according to the FAQ (19200,n,8,1 - no handshake).

Nothing happens in Term and Trident logs:

SET_LINE_CODING failed: endpoint stall (4)

SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE failed: endpoint stall (4)

Should this be possible or is the Amiga setup too limited? Any users (or iComp) tried this? I didn't find any previous discussions about this...

• I never tried it with an Amiga! PL2303 is correct, and we're using the PL2303SA version on the C64 Reloaded MK2. Not sure if the driver needs to be adapted for that - I would hope not.

I don't think it's the Amiga being limited (it should be powerful enough for some terminal action and XModem transfer. The Trident messages hint as problematic USB transfers. You could try a different cable (shorter, thicker wires), make sure you don't have a hub in between, as that may also introduce transfer errors.

Jens

• My guess would be no - it's a common strategy for those chips to introduce new ones that don't work with the old driver, in order to fight clones. At least Prolific has been known to do this :)

• Jens and Tobias, sounds like an interesting research topic when you have too little else on your plates ;)

I tried with another thicker, better looking cable from a flatbed scanner, with the same result. No hub involved.

I'll see if I (or maybe some other user) can figure out some workaround.