MK2 black screen after clicking "Test" in Indivision tool.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I seem to have a similar problem as in this thread here.

https://forum.icomp.de/index.php?thread/2825-indivision-aga-mk2cr-hdmi-black-screen-no-signal/&postID=26247&highlight=Black%2Bscreen%2Bmk2cr#post26247

After clicking "TEST" the screen got totally blank, even after soft or resets and total Power off, and my Monitor said "unsupported range". The Amiga seems to start correctly from the cf card according to the LED it seems. I haven't found the rescue Disk for the MK2 mentioned in the thread so I am a bit at a loss how to continue here :(.

• Addendum to my post:

Just had another look, the correct message on the monitor (Samsung Syncmaster SA550, connected via VGA-> DVI) is "Not optimum mode", which is the polite Samsung way of saying "unsupported range"

• Thanks a lot! Didn't work though, still got unsupported range. I saw that the monitor went black for a second like when you change display modes, but it instantly went back to out of range. In the end I restored a disk image back to the cf card with an old display setting. That gave me a working Workbench session so was able to reconfigure the card.