BFG9060 and Buddha Flash

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This might be a long shot but I'm having issues with a BFG9060 and Buddha Flash (Gold).

Since I installed the BFG9060, I get a solid orange IDE led for about 10 seconds and then a black screen. It worked once but now fails to boot every time I switch my A4000 (D) on.

Some hardware details:

- Mediator with ATI Radeon 128, Sound Blaster 128 PCI installed

- X-Surf 100 in Z2 mode

- Buddha Flash flashed to latest rom in upper Zorro slot, both IDE slots are used with two CF-cards and adapter

The system works flawless when I install the original 68030 processor card or an A3660 with 68LC060.

My A4000 has been recapped, the PSU is also recapped.

Might the latest Buddha revision solve the problem?

I already raised an issue with the BFG9060 creator.

• Might the latest Buddha revision solve the problem?

I don't think so. Buddha relies on Zorro timing to be correct, and if the accelerator manages to mess that up, there's nothing we can do on the Zorro-side. The problem must be solved at the source.

I see that you run the X-Surf-100 in Z2 mode, although you have a Z3 system. This indicates that you have a problem with the Zorro bus already - possibly because of Mediator or the accelerator.

Jens

• Hi Jens,

It's the accelerator. Upon close inspection I found a broken capacitor on the board. I'll have to check the board on a microscope for further issues. I normally build boards by myself but I decided to buy one instead to build one myself (too much work).

I'm using my A3660 again which is working without issues with everything installed. The X-Surf-100 is in Z2 mode because of issues I had with the Mediator and the installed PCI cards. I removed the Spider-USB card a while ago and my system runs rock solid since. I forgot about the Z2/Z3 mode on the X-Surf so I might try Z3 mode again.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback Jens!