Indivision AGA Mk3 not detecting LG Electronics M2550D through HDMI

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Today I received my Indivision AGA Mk3, I managed to mount it, I planned to connect it to the LG Electronics M2550D TV via HDMI because of the presence of speakers. However, after mounting, there is no signal, I ran the rescue disk, flashing looked okay, but preview only through EURO. HDMI still black. I didn’t have a VGA cable to check, but I connected HDMI to the HP LP2475w monitor and the image appeared, after installing the drivers I even managed to get it in the middle :) Unfortunately, the TV still does not receive a signal from HDMI. Is there a clever way in the settings or is the hardware simply incompatible?

• "using the IndivisionAGAmk3 with a "Full HD" or 1080p device" tutorial cant bring the signal to tv, olso i disabled all screen modes and scaling in tv.

• Please also list the rest of your setup, including power supply, accelerator and other hardware that is connected to the computer. Also, it would be nice to know what computer we're talking about in the first place (A1200, A4000D, A4000T?).

Jens

• Of course, please forgive me, I got A1200 rev 1d4 with ACA1221lc in Tower Gift case, with pc power supply ATX 300W, kick 3.1, Workbench 3.1 with Scalos on Sd to Ide Drive and FFD emulator HxC rev F .

• I always have an image on the HP LP2475w monitor via HDMI, regardless of whether it’s from the workbench or the floppy disk. However, I never get an image on the LG Electronics M2550D TV, neither from the workbench nor from the floppy disk. I just bought a VGA cable, so I’ll write soon whether the TV recognized this input

• Additionally, the glitch I had in Tower Assault on the monitor through HDMI (small green pixels visible here and there) has been fixed. I didn’t observe them through VGA (probably due to the settings because I messed around a lot with the modes yesterday).

• I’m pleased to inform you that as far as I’m concerned, the situation is under control. It turns out that my TV has an audio input to which I connected my Amiga with a cinch-jack, so I have a perfect image from VGA plus sound. When I plan to replace the monitor, I know that the monitor will support HDMI, so I am a satisfied customer. I don’t know why the TV didn’t recognize HDMI because it recognizes the PC and Chromecast dongle without any problems (by the way, Indivision could easily read its EDID but none of the modes were visible for the TV). If this could help the project, we can try different things, but at the moment I am very satisfied with the product. Best regards!

• By reconnecting the TV to the PC via HDMI as an additional monitor, I think I found an explanation for the situation. The TV had a black screen, I thought the port in it was broken. After restarting, the PC saw the Indivision, which I had been testing all the time while it was on, but apparently it is not plug and play. If so, it will probably be possible to launch it via HDMI, I just need to turn it on and off :D I will try tomorrow, but the problem is definitely on the TV side!

• (small green pixels visible here and there)

This indicates a bad HDMI cable. Always use the shortest-possible cable, and be especially sceptical if the cable was included with a TV or monitor, as such "freebies" are usually the bottom of the quality scale.

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.