ACA1233n 26mhz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi i am proud owner of a aca1233n 26Mhz card... I want to upgrade the card to 40 or 50Mhz if possible .... Is there any possible way to do this though you of course??? I can pay for anything you ask for this upgrade.... Please help.

• There is only a CPLD version that will give you 40MHz, while running memory at 80MHz. Crystal would remain the same, but the CPU would either be overclocked, or you'd have to put a new one on that supports 40MHz. For this upgrade, the card would have to be sent here.

Let me know the warranty ID of your card, then I can look up hat CPU mask it has been delivered with, and if you can expect overclocking success with it.

Jens

• That card was equipped with a plastic 68030-25, but with 1F91C mask (0.8µm, the smallest, latest mask). This will most likely work at 40MHz, but may require a small passive cooler on the CPU.

No warranty on overclocking success! While you can still clock-down the 40MHz card, you will have a small performance impact at 26MHz compared to the original 26MHz, because memory and CPU are not synced up in the same way with the 40MHz card, because the "fully sync" speed is 40MHz. So there's the danger of making the card launch in 40MHz, and it may not be stable in your environment. I'd expect it to work better if you have a CA-PSU, but you may experience serious trouble with low-quality PSUs (A-Power and other Meanwell-based contraptions).

Jens

• https://www.keelog.com/amiga-500-psu-modern-gray-us-replacement-amiga-500-power-supply-us-plug/ This is the psu that i have.... So is there any possibility for this card if i send it to you for update???

• This is the psu that i have...

Known-bad, based on MeanWell.

So is there any possibility for this card if i send it to you for update???

Sure, I can do that, but won't assume any liability if it freezes at 40MHz at your place. I suggest to get a proper PSU first, send the old one back for false advertising. Some ammo in our PSU FAQ.

Jens

• Hello Jens,

I know about PSU issues and I have PSU from you (C64 external box). I see you mentioned he does not use proper PSU but this days where can he get proper one ? I would be also interested in spare one.

BR, Luka