Can the ACE2b be bought without 8375 Agnus?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • We have to give warranty by law, so instead of just inserting the chip for testing, we need to remove it, AND take the risk of the unit being damaged by the new chip or it's possibly-wrong insertion.

In other words: This would mean an increased price, which is probably not what you're asking for.

Jens

• I have seen several types of megachip adapters without the 8375 for sale in various forums through the years. Also, if you know how to solder you could build LIV2s version. If you google it you will find the information on what parts you need and so on. Personally I have built 3 of LIV2s Diet Agnus adapters. These will do the opposite. Go from 8375 to 8372A. Due to the 8375 is so expensive that I wanted to use 8372As in two of my A500 ++ replica boards.

• I have seen several types of megachip adapters without the 8375 for sale in various forums through the years.

That's from sellers who don't even make financial planning for warranty repairs. You may be on your own in case of a defect while you'll have a reliable partner with iComp to help in case there's a problem. While warranty is regulated by law, the warranty can only be as good as the person or company that provides it.

Jens