Getting pink distortion in the greys on my a1200 (MK3)

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Just installed the Indivision AGA MK3 in my Amiga 1200 connected to a VGA monitor, and it looks great on boot up but within a few minutes, the greys on the screen start to distort and get these pink waves / noise in them. There was also some noise in the headphones when moving my mouse which just started happening, but might be unrelated.

Any ideas what could be causing the pink waves?

Thanks

• The stock PSU is 3A only, and the B1230-IV is a fairly power-hungry thing, as it's a full 5V design. This may lead to insufficient power for the flicker fixer, so Tobias is right, this may be a power problem. If you have an older stock PSU from an A500 (the 4.5A version), this may be your solution. However, you should AVOID the new PSU offerings from Amazon and amigastore AT ALL COST, as they are not suitable for an expanded Amiga. Read our PSU FAQ for a technical description why.

Jens

• If the PSU is re-capped, it's the perfect unit for this setup (until the CA-PSU is available again, that is).

To get a better idea of what's happening, please post a picture of the pink noise.

Jens

• Will do, thank you.

While ive got you, the readme for the IndivisionAGAmk3 config file program says to drag it to the sys/prefs folder, but when I drag it there, or anywhere on my hard drive from the adf fille, it wont open. Opens from the adf file though, but obviously wont save the configuration locally. Any ideas?

Thanks

• "drag" usually means "copy". However, we've developed it on OS3.1, and it may have changed in a later version, or some library on your installation is missing? Anyway, the tool is designed to work if started from HD, and many customers are using it that way. We'll find out what's wrong - first I need to know what version of the OS you are running, and if the ADF is still mounted if you attempt to launch the config tool from your boot drive.

Jens

• I'm on Kickstart Version 39.106 and Workbench 40.42 which I think is 3.1?

I've tried to start it both with the adf still mounted and not. Also just tried it by copying to the PCMCIA card and copying off that too

• Update on the pink distortion. I reinstalled my Blizzard IV and it seems to have fixed the issue! Still no luck with gettin the config file, but will try again today. Thanks for the help with all this.