ACA500+ with ACA1234 blinking green power LED

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have a problem with this set. When I use it, I cannot smoothly change Kicstarts, e.g. 3.2 to 1.3. The second or third time it enters the cyclic reset state and the green LED flashes. When I do the same thing after a hard reset, the same thing happens every time.

• I checked it carefully on the computer. Kickstart for Amiga 500 1.3.

If I use kickstart 1.3 in mapping immediately after turning it on, it will start and then the menu will change to another system 3.1 or 3.2 because kickstart mapping will also start.

However, if I wanted to reuse the mapped 1.3 kickstart in the menu, it hangs and the LED flashes.

I can then apply the kickstart as either the motherboard mapping or the current kickstart and it works. After this procedure, when I want to boot from Kicktart 3.1 or 3.2, I unfortunately have to try twice because, despite the correct boot, the system does not boot from the CF card.

Overall, there seems to be an issue with running the mapped kickstarter, which by default is physically installed on your computer. Although this also applies to running mapped Kickstart 1.2, so I'm not 100% sure.

If I get the chance to run an Amiga 5000plus with Kickstarter 2.04, I'll be sure it will be possible with the Kickstarter physically installed.

• This is impossible to reproduce with your description, jumping back and forth between machines and configurations. Try to stay within the ACA500plus Kickstarts, use the supplied images only (1.3 and 3.1).

Please provide a step-by-step description of what you are doing, what you expect each step (=key press) to produce, and if the observed result is differerent.

If you are giving the machine a reset, please tell us if it's a soft-reset or a keyboard reset.

If you are returning to the menu with the left mouse button, let us know.

If you have settings that are different from default, please take a picture of the configuration and post it here.

Also, please mention the warranty IDs of the cards that you are using, so we can double-check if there is anything special in our database.

Jens