A1200 MK3 with TEAC floppy drive cable routing advice

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I am trying to put a TEAC floppy into my A1200 with AGA MK3. I am using the VGA side of the adapter. I cannot find a way to route the ribbon cable such that it doesn't foul on the drive motor causing the drive to not function. Is there a solution to this? TIA

--SPiFF

• One thing you should no no matter what drive type you have is to make a small bend in the shield that is right under the drive, so the cable won't be cut by the part that normally stands straight up. If you bend that down far enough, you should be able to fix the cable in place with a piece of electrical tape.

Jens