Lyra3 in A1200 with Blizzard 1230 IV incompatibility/reset problem

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I've run into the Lyra-Blizzard mkIV card problem. I just upgraded from Blizzard 1230 MkIII to the MkIV version to enjoy SCSI and now my keyboard needs a start without startup-sequence to activate. Then it already works and I literally just type in "execute s:startup-sequence".

But It's still a bit weird to have a computer that does that on startup, do you know about a possible way to fix it?

I've seen the other thread about it but there was not really a usable solution for me and my level of knowledge of the amiga.

Many thanks!

Xavier

• Lyra3 requries the onboard-keyboard controller to send it's initial sequence before it can take over control of the keyboard lines. I can't think of any solution to this, as the B1230-IV messes with that initial protocol, so Lyra3 has no way to find out when the bus is free and patiently waits for that start-condition.

Jens