What is the 3.3.4 and Why does it not download?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have 19, well now 15 remaining downloads for Picasso96. I have wasted 3 of those on trying to get 3.3.4 downloaded. 3.3.4 is listed on the wiki page. I click on the download spot on my orders page and the counter goes down but no download. Switched browsers and another try wasted. What is going on?

• I can always set the number back up as long as you're in the free upgrade time period. The number is truly arbitrary, just a requirement of the shop software. All that counts is the one year period that you've paid for, and I'm happy to set the number of downloads back up anytime.

V3.3.4 is described in the Wiki, but not yet released publicly due to DMA problems that we encountered with the A2410 driver that is supposed to be released with this new version. Please be patient.

Jens

• No worries. I won't worry about the number count then. I'm good until December I believe so I'll hang tight and wait for the update. There was one other issue and I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. I couldn't click on the link to get the download. I had to save the link to get the download. This after I did the normal click on the link routine on a couple of different browsers and saw the countdown. I was thinking the problem was on my end. Anyway, looking forward to the update.

• I was thinking the problem was on my end.

That's very likely, as some browsers and/or anti-virus software inhibits downloading files that have an unknown suffix. The lha archiver is somewhat supported on other systems, but widely seen as "unknown". You may have to specifically allow it in your system.

Jens