Lyra 3 1200 Big Box Pin Header Specification

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have the Lyra 3 for my Amiga 1200 in a CheckMate case. I want to connect a different PS/2 breakout to the board, but I can't find any documentation with pinout of the header on the Lyra 3. Anyone have this?

• You should be able to deduct the pinout from the board layout: GND has multiple connections to the surrounding flood fill (copper fill), and +5V has a thick trace.

The remaining two traces are the clock/data signal lines. If swapped, the keyboard just won't work, but won't break. In that case, just swap the two signal wires and it'll work.

Jens

• Thanks!

Here's a screenshot from the CAD system, seen from the side that you see when it's installed (solder side up).

Click to enlarge and read the signal names :-)

Jens

• It took more time and text for you type your admonishment than to simply give me the information in the format I asked for it. Why is it that the very smartest and most capable of us are so want to indulge in the shaming of the rest of us.

You make amazing products for a platform I love. But I won't use them anymore. I can't support someone who would work harder to rub my nose in shit than to reward my patronage with a simple answer. Thank you for the lesson.

• Again, you have it on a silver platter. If this extra (BTW unpaid) service is not good enough for you, feel free to search for even better service from vendors of adapters that don't even support pressing a few keys at the same time.

Jens

• We actually discussed this case internally, and when the "paying customer should be treated well" argument came up, I even found that this unit wasn't even bought directly. Since we hardly work with resellers any more (who are cashing in on margin, but don't keep stock and send customers to us for support), the best I can assume is that you've bought a used unit. Either way, the "paying" part is arguable.

Then again, I do encourage people to offer their used units for sale, as my main goal with iComp is to keep this hobby affordable. With components collecting dust in a drawer, supply goes down and prices go up in turn. Or worse: We need to make more stuff, which isn't very sustainable.

So I do offer support for used units as well, and I try to answer each and every question that comes up in this forum, as long as it's remotely related to iComp's products. My company is tiny, and the smaller a business is, the more influence the persons have who are working there. At this size, you are doing business with a person, mainly me, and people come in packages. That includes both the technical and the human/empathic side. Let's just make this short and say that I'm better at the technical part. I don't mean to insult - I mean to be effective.

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.