Can I create a new boot cf from my aca500 plus

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Just started my aca500 plus and I have misplaced my cf card since the last time I used it how do I create a new one as I can’t find the original installation instructions

• From the Wiki :

Press F7 - Boot ACA500plus WB 3.1 installer configuration

This will activate the 3.1 preset configuration (see F1) and boot with mounted OS 3.1 install disks: Install3.1, WB3.1, Storage3.1, Extras3.1, Locale, Fonts. The previous configuration will be overridden and this configuration stays in place until the next power-cycle. Please remember to have a CF card inserted in the boot card slot. After booting, open the Install3.1 disk icon. The easiest way to setup a new system on a fresh CF card is to use a card not larger than 4GB:

1. Open HDTools, HDToolBox, click Change Drive Type, Edit Old..., Read Configuration, Save Changes to Drive and Exit.

if that gives you problems, you can try deleting all partitions on the card, and create one amiga partition on it using eg gparted on linux. then continue with next step

1. Open the HDSetup drawer, start the installer for your language, proceed with "Partition Hard Drive", enter hard drive number 0, and proceed with partitioning.
    2. Open the Install drawer, start the installer for your language, proceed with "Install Release 3.1".

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACA500plus

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.