The Settlers and other games with Mk2 Config Tool

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • With my Indivision AGA MK2 cr the problem I am trying to solve is with games like the Settlers and Pinball Illusions the display area has the image scaled outside the viewing area.

• I have adjusted the overscan area for PAL graphics and the text area as small as it can allow.
    • Do I need to edit my config somehow so the default area is smaller and if so how do I do this?
    • I am using the Hans 640x512 60hz config shared on EAB, I get a nice full 4:3 image on my CRT.
    • I have tried 768x576 yet the issue with the two games as mentioned above still happens.
    • I have an Indivision AGA MK 3 for my second A1200 with which I was able to have both games look correct.
  • No problem. Let me know if it works for you. This profile is tuned around 50Hz vertical frequency to have almost smooth scrolling. If it doesn't work for you I may have a 60Hz version aswell

• It works great, I now have a complete image for The Settlers and Pinball Illusions. I do have one frustration which is with the horizontal width at maximum I still have black borders on my 4:3 aspect ratio CRT. Are there parameters I can adjust with the config tool that can increase the image size on the horizontal axis?

• So you cannot expand the horizontal width with your monitors settings or widen it with the monitors pixel clock adjustment?

Edit, just noticed you already have your adjustment at max horizontal width. How big are the black bars? You have a picture of your screen? It could be that your monitor is not switching to 720x576 but another resolution. You could try experimenting with the config tools pixel clock if this is the case. See if you can get it to switch to 720x576