Amiga & Indivision NOOB - need help ;-)

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi all.

So I'm running my first Amiga (Amiga 500) which is running 37.67/kickstart 2.0.4. After installing Indivision ECS V2, the display looks great, except that it only fills about 70% of monitor screen starting from the left upper corner, and right side of the amiga display area is showing a wobbly line. I am using an Acer Monitor (AL1717), but see same with numerous other monitors I have in house.

After going through the documentation, I figured I must need to run the Indivision ECS V2 Configuration tool; but when attempting to run the tool, the Amiga reports "attempting to load" and then nothing shows up (note: The flash program does come up if double clicked).

Note: I have not installed the hotfix 3-JAN-19 as this is not Amiga 600.

I thought this might be my workbench version not being able to run the config tool so I plugged in my ACA500 and attempted to run using Workbench 3.1 and got the same observation..

So primary need is someone to tell this newbie why I can't get the config tool to run.

thanks!

Mike

• Note: I have not installed the hotfix 3-JAN-19 as this is not Amiga 600.

That hotfix is already implemented in the newer flash versions, so you might as well ignore it.

Your Kickstart version is OK to run the tool. However, we may find more hints if you describe your system in full.

Jens

• Here's a question - on normal power on boot up, should there be an Individual ECS splash screen initially?

I'm not getting only see a normal Amiga bootup. Users on youtube show a splash screen at least for original Individual ECS....

• OK - I've resolved issues though on one of the observations, I'm not sure why.

• Noticed when launching FLASH tool, hardware was not showing up
    • Redownloaded the flash and config tools, rescue disk
    • Flashed using rescue disk
    • At this point, config works!
    • For the screen display issue, changed my settings to PAL, and this cleaned everything up.
      • This is where I'm confused as system is in NTSC mode in both ACA500 & stock configurations.
      • Either way - don't think it's something for you guys to solve! I'll figure it out!
  • Splash screen: This will only show if you've configured it. On the very first Indivision product, the splash screen was always there, and people complained about it, so we've made it configurable. The OSD now shows a number of seconds that you can set to anything you like, including zero.

I haven't tried the config tool on NTSC without overscan lately, but I'm sure that Timm has tried it back when he developed it. However, it's worth a quick try - there can always be something that slipped the attention of testers. Please also see if you keep getting config tool errors if you run NTSC interlace.

Jens