Flashbuddha error

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I had this Buddha card working perfect for almost a year, yesterday I connected a Cdrom(no jumper) something I have done before, and the card started to giving me errors on the booting drive which is DOM, so I read some forums and I decide to download fashbuddha tool, but every time I try to flash I get an error saying timeout error while flashing, I have started the amiga 4000 holding right mouse button , and I see the green blinking screen, my computer is an amiga 4000 with 3660 accelerator, let me know what information you need thanks

• Flashbuddha message:

Found Buddha controller number 0 at address $00e90000 serial I’d $00000001

Rom size 32kb

Flashing now

Timeout error while flashing

• You're using the wrong tool - the one that is meant for the old controllers with black circuit board.

The flashtool for the 20-year anniversary edition is here:

http://wiki.icomp.de/w/images/3/36/BFlashTool.lha

Besides that, I don't think that the flash rom is at fault. There are many CD-ROM drives that are not fully Atapi compliant, and some don't even work as Master, only as "Slave" to a harddisk as master. You may be lucky changing places with the DOM and not messing with the flash at all.

Jens

• Update, I figure that out yesterday and I used the correct tool, terminal said flash was successful , but let me elaborate mi issue a little bit , I have an amiga 4000, 3660, Buddha card with a dom, all was working until I hooked up a cdrom, did not work, unplugged, and since them the card stoped working as it was before, it won’t boot to my 3.3 dom( sa me that I did boot correctly before) I I boot from so 3.3 install floppy and use hdtoolbox, the toolbox does sees the dom , I can partition, exit save, but it does not doe anything, it’s like the dom is on write protection mode, and if I try with the original dom that came with the card , nothing, I got the insert workbench to continue screen,

when I first got the problem, I removed the cdrom, tried to boot from the my dom drive and I got a error message about the drive, so I put the dom that came with the Buddha on the right, and my dom on the left, I run the install/partition it started doing it , restart and that’s when the problem became bigger, no dom will boot from Buddha anymore… I just don’t know what could happened… that’s why I tried to flash the rom, but I’d did not make any difference, I’m running out of options, I ordered 2 more buddhas from your store yesterday, but if possible I would love to get this one working again, thanks , I hope you understand my explanation

• Did you set the power jumpers properly? For the CD-Rom drive, the power jumper of the respective port must be removed, and for DOM operation, it must be put on. If the jumper was on while you tried to use the CD-drive, either the CD-Rom or the Buddha may have been damaged.

Further, please take a picture of what HDToolbox is showing after you click on "read drive configuration" - I'd like to see the strings like DOM vendor.

Jens

• I did, removed jumper for cable, installed jumper for dom, I never installed the card upside down…I will take a picture tomorrow and post it, thanks again.. something happened, but I just don’t know what…and why, I have connected and used the cdrom before to install the toaster cdrom software, but this one time something went south…

• Ok, so I received the two new Buddha adapters today, one wit serial 8tcjg works perfect and it boots to install, second card with serial 6tcjc it does not boot to install, and if I boot from 3.2 install card does not show using hdtoolbox buddhascsi

• Of, so further testing, I’m getting random results, like one of the new cards will boot into the included dom, wil start the installation on my 8gb dom, and close to finalizing will give an error about bdh0 not present.. or something like that, at this point I think something it’s wrong with my a4000… do you think it could be the super buster chip causing this kind of problems? ..

update, I restart the computer again and it will not recognize the Buddha…

I just don’t understand what’s going on.. it’s getting late I will try again tomorrow

• This sounds like serious contact problems. The new controllers that we ship have all passed a single-unit test, so I'm confident they work.

The A4000 uses a daughterboard, so you have twice the amount of plugged connections that can potentially fail. Remove the daughterboard, clean the contact with IPA and an old toothbrush for the slots, and IPA and a micro fibre cloth for the golden edges of all cards, including the daugher card.

The BUster may indeed cause problems, as it's in a socket. These sockets are very delicate, so if you want to clean the contacts, only remove the Buster chip with a good chip-puller. Same procedure as for the slots: Clean the contact with IPA and an old toothbrush. Re-insert Buster while it's still wet. This will help further to scratch off any oxide layers.

NEVER use contact sprays in your computer. They often contain lubricants that are counter productive in a computer. No matter what the advertising says, avoid contact sprays and brand name cleaning agents at all cost. IPA is the stuff to go for, and it should be available in any pharmacy at reasonable cost (now that the pandemic is over).

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.