Keys on A500 keyboard stop working

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens,

My normal procedure would be to 1) connect the A500 keyboard to the Keyrah, 2) connect the Keyrah to the Raspberry Pi (not yet turned on), 3) turn on the Raspberry Pi. I'm quite sure I did it this way the first time (the A500 keyboard also worked just fine when I ran the Amiga emulation). Only when I restarted the emulation, problems began (keys of the A500 keyboard stopped working). So, it seems something happened inbetween the first time I started the emulation (the A500 keyboard worked fine) and when I restarted the emulation (keys stopped working).

I do remember that (before restarting the emulation) I pressed CTRL + both Amiga keys to see if that would restart the emulation (just like a real Amiga). I noticed this did not work. I then plugged-in a normal USB keyboard in the Raspberry Pi so I could press F12 and return to the WinUAE menu. In the WinUAE menu I changed the F12 button to F10. I then restarted the emulation to see if F10 (on the A500 keyboard) would bring me back to the WinUAE menu. Then I found out the keys on the A500 keyboard did not work anymore.

After this, I have connected the Keyrah (with and without the A500 keyboard connected to the Keyrah) multiple times to the Raspberry Pi and my Windows PC to test different options (e.g. changing jumper setting to select a different keyboard lay-out, using a different USB cable). I think I always made a proper connection, but of course, I cannot be 100% sure.

Kind regards,

Jurian

• Hi Jens,

I received the repaired Keyrah yesterday. I just tested it and I'm happy to let you know that everything works fine!

Thanks for your support, time and patience. I wish more companies would treat their customers in this way.

Wishing you all the best,

Jurian