A604n + Indivision ECS = bricked?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • After setting up the 604n + indivision in my A630/50 3.1/CF got some problems. No video on VGA. Tried LG27UHD, Lenovo ThinkVision. I thought flashing will help.
    Tried to flash it. But the system hangs&reboots when flashing. Both with A630 and without. Now I've got No hardware msg when launching IndivisionECSv2-2.7.

And when runing IndiECSv2Rescue-2.7.adf it tries to flash but resets to black screen

I believe I might did sth intuitive but not proper configuration.

Is sth I can do by myself now?

• Hi Jens, it's a Cisco with an amiga plug attached. More info on photos.

I became unsure about that PSU because I noticed some instability which I can't directly relate to a604n+indi, therefore I ordered another one, 'dedicated' Amiga PSU from Keelog (+ 5V/4,0 A, +12V/2,0 A, -12V/0) . Waiting for delivery. I can say more when it arrives.

• Both Cisco and Keelog are known-bad. Please use the original Amiga PSU, or a CA-PSU.

The Cisco unit is particularly dangerous to the Amiga because it goes into a hickup mode when overloaded. This is a safe method to take CMOS circuits into latch-up.

The Keelog unit uses a MeanWell chassis, aimed at local loads. The Amiga is a distant load, therefore the regulation of the unit is insufficient

Both units have to be considered as "false advertising", so you should be able to return them at any time for a full refund, even after years.

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Powersupply_FAQ

• Hi Jens, yes now I'm aware.

I've read Powersupply_FAQ before, but it was hard to refer with online offers like Keelog, you know, comparing the details. They don't tell you that's MeanWell inside. And they sold it via amazon. I also found Keelog PSU doesn't work with my aliexpress crap VGAtoHDMI converter, causing my Amiga to throw yellowscreen at the boot. (which Cisco isnt').
    I've also watched your eye-opening yt video Revision Online 2020 - Seminar - Jens Schönfeld: Designing a better Amiga power supply but it was after I bought cisco or keelog. ;(

Sadly, I don't see CA-PSU available to order now at icomp.de.

• I also found Keelog PSU doesn't work with my aliexpress crap VGAtoHDMI converter, causing my Amiga to throw yellowscreen at the boot. (which Cisco isnt').

That may have two causes: Either a faulty earth vs. GND implementation of the power supply, or a fault in the VGA to HDMI thing. We've had similar cases with the CA-PSU as well.

CA-PSU will be back. When the chip crisis finally allows my supplier of PSUs to make the ones that have passed the review of our product liability insurance.

Jens

• CA-PSU will be back. When the chip crisis finally allows my supplier of PSUs to make the ones that have passed the review of our product liability insurance.

And hopefully soon thereafter there will be a 120V version for the US market?