Left side of screen missing

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Ive not installed my Mk3 yet and still using the Mk2cr.

Been using it for many years and works fine apart from some programs have the left part of picture missing.

Namely when running Sysinfo or Xbench. All games and other stuff display fine, hence me never bothering to get to the bottom of it.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

I am hoping the Mk3 doesnt do the same when i get round to installing it.

Thanks

Adrian

• This seems like a simple configuration problem for a certain screen mode. The MK2 version does make a differenc between for example PAL and PAL interlaced. I know that Sysinfo only uses non-interlace, and if your WB is configured to use interlace, you may be expecting hte same output settings, but the flicker fixer might be configured totally different.

The config tool is your friend - though not as comfortable and real-time as on the MK3 version.

Jens

• Ok, i have finally got round to installing the Mk3 and managed to get the desktop by selecting the same screenmode as when using the Mk2cr (PAL:High Res Laced - 640x512).

No matter what other screenmode i select, it never displays the desktop correctly/fully.

When running games they seem to be at the top of my monitor and missing a small top part of picture, its as though they are not centred vertically.

I just ran Sysinfo again and i see even less of that than when i used the Mk2cr.

I think i just maybe need help setting this thing up, as i must be missing something maybe?

Thanks

Ady

• I think i just maybe need help setting this thing up, as i must be missing something maybe?

Two things:

1) the documentation. Timm has gone to great length writing a very nice and usable tool, along with it's documentation. Please do take the time to read it.

2) live config. If you just want to move the screen and adjust sizes in real-time, use the magic keyboard combination left-shift, CTRL and Tilde (left of the "1" key under the ESC key), Move the mouse to move the picture, or press&hold the left mouse button while moving, and you're changing the zoom factor. Once you're satisfied with the positioning, press the Tilde key again to leave live config mode.

Jens

• First, I recommend reading the documentation wiki like 10 times to get a grasp on using the config tool. Play around with the tool without saving to get familiar with it. You can always reset if things get screwed up, as long as you don’t save to the device.

I would try using a HighGfx screenmode for your workbench display. It looks like your default PAL Indivision mode is disabled (Pre 640x512 PAL). Configure that mode and uncheck the disabled option and save to the device.

If you want a full PAL overscan, configure and enable the (Pre 720x548 PAL) mode and set the display to 720x576.

Sysinfo is using a DBLPal High Res screenmode, which isn’t properly set up with the Indivision. I have the same issue and no matter how I configure the Indivision, I get that exact same screen. So I use a program called ModePro that will allow you to select a working screenmode after the program is launched (there doesn’t appear to be any way to set a screenmode within sysinfo as far as I can see).

• Thanks for the info/help guys.

Been playing around with settings for ages and got Sysinfo loading up pretty good.

Desktop is still set at Pre 640x512 PAL using 1280x1024 as the VGA mode in the indivision tool (1920x1080 appeared to look worse as in, txt/picture not as sharp) i couldnt get any other modes to fill my desktop other than that setup, unless better modes can fill the screen that ive not tried?

Not looked at that ModePro tool yet, as manged to get Sysinfo displaying fine.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.